Good news for Chris and Myself.

Lord Geordie

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rang the vendor, who has asked me to provide a report from the independent valuer! So hopefully that's posted through my door tomorrow! Then take a trip to the vendors office and drop it off. Had a word with my Mortgage advisor, who assures me that EITHER way, I should still be eligible for the mortgage :)

So now I just await the report, deliver the report and wait for the correspondence from the vendor to wether they will reduce the price, or stand firm!

All very trying stuff! I am pacing back and forth like an expecting father in a waiting room :lol:

Rang the vendor, who has asked me to provide a report from the independent valuer! So hopefully that's posted through my door tomorrow! Then take a trip to the vendors office and drop it off. Had a word with my Mortgage advisor, who assures me that EITHER way, I should still be eligible for the mortgage :)

So now I just await the report, deliver the report and wait for the correspondence from the vendor to wether they will reduce the price, or stand firm!

All very trying stuff! I am pacing back and forth like an expecting father in a waiting room :lol:

Sounds good. Did the mortgage adviser say whether the lender would lend the full amount. Normally they will only lend to the valuation price. Depends of course how much deposit you are putting down.

If the house has been on the market for a while then it will put you in a good position to negotiate down from. £5k isn't a lot to come down by but it all depends on how desperate the seller is to sell and whether there is other interest in the house.

I really do hope it works out for you.

my brother aged 51, just got the ok on a huge mortgage after 15 years of renting, he got taken by 2 ex-wives and clawed himself back, he is self employed for 5 years, and managed to get a deposit and some good figures, but the hoops he had to jump through were unbelievable, i actually thought he hadnt got it as it was so intense and so full of requirements.

the first wife has 3 houses that she has managed to collect over the years, and the second has 2.

he detests them both with a passion.

• 2 weeks later...

Been to officially accept the offer today, the vendor said they were happy to send an impartial valuer out, but if he found the house to be worth more, the cost would go up accordingly. So I did a little research and found the houses are between 74k - 89k on the street! So the 75k seems fine.

Solicitor called today, and are sending out a pack this week, with accordance of terms and conditions forms, a declaration for stamp duty etc! And I am to fill these in, and pay a £300 deposit so they can sort out the searches etc.

And the Bank are sending new papers with the amended amounts that I can sign and make a start!

Bricking my pants here, but also mega pleased.

Chris and I have all the money ready for the deposit, and conveyancing bills. So just need to wait now and see how long the process takes :)

:lol: got a huge loft, but a tiny wallet so no gun room yet!

Have a 9 foot by 4 foot cupboard! Does that count :hmm:

Yea it does. We were having some building work recently and the wife asked the builder to make a cupboard larger. Before she could fill it with her stuff I had another gun cabinet in there. Result.

Yea it does. We were having some building work recently and the wife asked the builder to make a cupboard larger. Before she could fill it with her stuff I had another gun cabinet in there. Result.

:lol::lol: Good move.

I can't complain, just bought a bigger cabinet to go with another big cabinet and no complaints at all from SWMBO