Buying 12gauge cartridges in bulk?

As Konnie says, Proper Cartridges are your best bet especially if you can collect.

You don't state where you are and I think George will send a pallet out via a courier when he can't get his truck to a place near you.

Give him a ring, leave a message and he will get back to you.

http://propercartridges.com/

Most manufacturers have a minimum order of 20k plus carts! And if storing that many may need an explosives storage liscence it's been tried many times sometimes with success if you have a group of like minded shooter all happy to stump up the cash for a a bundle and get a single big order in.

It depends on your local RFDs in my understanding.

If your local RFD buys in vast numbers and passes the saving on to you than you might not make much. If your local RFD deals in small numbers you may make a big saving.

Hull cartridges were an interesting case in point when I lived in Hull. Around £180 a thousand locally for CompX as every RFD seemed to pop down to the factory for 10,000 or so at a time.

When I bought at my parents place four or five hours drive away I could get them at £150 a thousand. On chatting about this with an RFD in Hull he reckoned I was getting them at close to the 60,000 price. In short were I to buy 60,000 cartridges when living in hull it would have worked out much cheaper than buying locally, at my parents place it would only have been slightly cheaper than popping down to the shop who were likely selling at close to cost.

I shot at a club who got someone who often did runs across the channel to bring back a pallet of french cartridges from time to time, but my understanding is that it only made sense when someone was doing a run for something else. I found the same cartridges at £135 a thousand in the UK last summer.

you mys save £25 if you buy 10k, thats 40 slabs, to store carry, can you get 40 in your car?Cost any where from 1600 to 2200 quid, How many do you shoot? 10k will last me a year. So thats a fair chunk tied up to save 25 quid ish.

Of course you mitigate any price hike in the ownershp period unless you replace every 1000 shot as you go on, Then if you shoot at my rate you are always shooting at last years price.

I dont think its worth it,for 25 quid ish, more to be saved by taking a sandwich to a shoot and a flask.

Cheers for the info guys, and yes its game shells we are after and it would be a group of us buying, so a minimum of 10,000 will be ordered.

Iv not heard back from any of my emails as of yet so ill wait and see what is said.

atb James

no need to ring i am here on 10k 32 gram shot size 4.5 or 5 or 5.5 or 6 plastic at 190 inc vat stone dead fibre 32 gram 205 pounds inc vat cheers george 07714 323 909 on your door delivered

A pallet is usually 25 or 30 thousand carts not ten thousand. A chunk of cash and space taken up storing them.

You don't say if game or clay carts, as we all know game carts are a rip off for a few extra grams of lead.

Edited by figgy

Not likely to be clay in them shot sizes, so they must be game or pigeon £190 for 32gm is a good price these days, provided you can use 10,000

I was talking about the OP what type of carts he was wanting, clay or game carts. Not George's Proper carts.

I was talking about the OP what type of carts he was wanting, clay or game carts. Not George's Proper carts.

Ok you must have missed his post below, where he said game shells hence my post confusing all.

Cheers for the info guys, and yes its game shells we are after and it would be a group of us buying, so a minimum of 10,000 will be ordered.

Iv not heard back from any of my emails as of yet so ill wait and see what is said.

atb James