Another Watch Thread.

WelshAndy

Should have said plastic would be better for work environment.

Hi Lloyd, which is the top photo?

The top one is a rubber type strap, or do you mean fully plastic?

The top one is the 007 although both are available with the rubber strap.

Edited by Lloyd90

I have a 'best' watch that I wear on special occasions etc, but I'd like an everyday tough watch - if that makes sense.

As a "tough watch" I have the Seiko 009 like lloyd90 above - but with the rubber strap.

Bought new in 1986 with my first self-employed income. Been in diesel, extensively used in salt water, outside in +45c to -25c, in blizzards and sandstorms and inside various animal innards and never misses a beat. Just hose it off.

The second hand "pings" in two-second ticks when the battery is needing a change. Cost £50 direct from Seiko service - including a wash & brush up and a guaranteed re-seal.

Super watch.

My posh watch (cos them yanks love a good watch & good shoes) is an Ebel chrono. Does nothing for me whatsoever and just gets worn when I have to be suited & booted.

I'd sell the Ebel. I would not sell the Seiko.

Edited by Eyefor

What do you want to spend?

Seiko 007 or 009, apparently they are the Ak47 of watches, and the next step up mechanically is high end like a Rolex submariner.

I've had the 007 for a year and recently picked up the 009, they are both gorgeous watches and very robust.

AE40259D-496A-4976-BEBF-2F7EBBAB0ABE_zps

6CB31250-3C87-405C-A2C7-5DDD58E3A3DC_zps

I like the tough look of those, but the winder being at the 4 o'clock position instead of 3 would do my OCD in. :yes:

everyone's different mate! I really like em. I also don't think they're over crowded or covered in dials I'll never use. Simple and effective!

Agreed. Nice and clear to read, but to me it looks like the right hand side of the case has melted and drooped. Odd? Me? :lol: I like the look of the rest of it though.

Indeed it does. Sorry missed that to mention, although I doubt it would help his OCD anyway lol.

I know technically it's a crown I just figured putting winder was easier than "crown used for adjusting time and date." :lol:

Anyway, my automatic watch has a winder that does the above AND winds the watch if required.

I know technically it's a crown I just figured putting winder was easier than "crown used for adjusting time and date." :lol:

Anyway, my automatic watch has a winder that does the above AND winds the watch if required.

Well I hope they put it in the right place with yours ;) lol

As a "tough watch" I have the Seiko 009 like lloyd90 above - but with the rubber strap.

Bought new in 1986 with my first self-employed income. Been in diesel, extensively used in salt water, outside in +45c to -25c, in blizzards and sandstorms and inside various animal innards and never misses a beat. Just hose it off.

The second hand "pings" in two-second ticks when the battery is needing a change. Cost £50 direct from Seiko service - including a wash & brush up and a guaranteed re-seal.

Super watch.

My posh watch (cos them yanks love a good watch & good shoes) is an Ebel chrono. Does nothing for me whatsoever and just gets worn when I have to be suited & booted.

I'd sell the Ebel. I would not sell the Seiko.

You don't have a 009 like above if it needs a battery change

Hi

The 033 Seiko divers is auto, Applied markers and has the winder at 3 o'clock :good:

GNt9T6H.jpg

I don't think Seiko do many other dive watches with the winder at 3, They're mostly at 4 I think to stop them catching on stuff!

pWtgqhI.jpg

John :)

Perfect. :good:

Actually there's loads of other divers style watches, They can be picked up reasonably off Fleabay too!!

I bought this 21 jewel automatic Oriosa dive watch from a bootsale cheaply (Around £15 from memory) as the crown wouldn't screw down, Turned out it was a left handed thread!! ???
uKkQwdx.jpg

This one is a Kronos, had it years and never changed the battery yet!!

KYiUT7W.jpg

And a Broadarrow that was designed by Eddy at Timezone :good:

tiYxykl.jpg

A 24 jewel auto Invicta that I recently bought off Shpock for £40! (Real bargain as i've bought these before at £80!)

NO1b6U9.jpg

The Invicta has a display caseback but is still rated at 200m for diving!

sCC7VAw.jpg

Then there's other types of watches, Flieger watches or Aviators, Usually large so that a pilot has no problems seeing the time and some have stopwatch complications for timing!

t4pWmi8.jpg

AhoFR6d.jpg

7MsrS00.jpg

riUFIXL.jpg

L1tMiop.jpgCgHgw2e.jpg

lWOW4jU.jpg

I'm starting to favour the mil style watches lately as me lamps are getting bad and the G10 styles are so easy to see with the uncluttered dials!!

3NMd6d0.jpg

fi9vSmb.jpg

I'll hopefully be buying this one in three days (Sellers Pic), It's only £20 and I like the dial! Hope the crown still screws down!!
Ezzc2X7.jpg

There's also some very nice vintage watches on ebay too (y)

John :)