ok so what colour shooting glasses do you use on the clays and why tha

johnphilip

Just like to get a feel what colour people use and why it helps them, over to you good folk.

Have a look at the Pilla website .... all the shades, and help they provide.

I'm looking to purchase some glasses , my question is you can get pair from £3-£4 upto £4-£500 are the cheap ones any good or just rubbish. Was gonna either get yellow pair as seems most popular or a 4 pack for bout £15.

As a massive generalisation, I see folks spending 10% of the value of their gun on their glasses .... depends on how much you believe quality kit will enhance your performance, and how much you what to invest.

I'm looking to purchase some glasses , my question is you can get pair from £3-£4 upto £4-£500 are the cheap ones any good or just rubbish. Was gonna either get yellow pair as seems most popular or a 4 pack for bout £15.

I don't really see how a £500 pair of glasses is going to significantly improve my shooting. I have a set of Topgun glasses with interchangeable lenses that I believe retail for about £40. The yellow lenses highlight clays somewhat in poor light and the darker lenses block bright sunlight. I have another 3 lenses in different colours that I don't believe I've ever used.

As far as I'm concerned their most important function is to protect my eyes from clay fragments. Afterall, if I miss a clay I can always hit it next time. If I take a chunk of clay in the eye there may be no second chance.

I am a self confessed Sunglasses tart.. when I was looking for shooting glasses I thought if I'm to spend a decent amount of money on some, I'd want to be able to use them in every day wear too. I bought a pair of Oakley Radarlock paths. Lenses are very easily changeable.

I use polarised dark lenses in Sunglasses mode and swap out for either Persimmon or Yellow depending on light conditions. Only problem I have is keeping wife away from the Oakley display stand in the clubhouse so she can't see what they cost

Start off cheap and see what you like. If you spend a chunk of cash and you don't like them, you on to a looser straight away. Protect your eyes. One of the son in laws got hit by a small shard of a clay on the top of his head. Claret everywhere. Pulled chard out and stopped bleeding. When he got home in the bath he was washing his hair/head and another small shard came out. Claret everywhere again. So wear a hat/CA Of some kind.

It's extremely personal as everyone has different perception of light. I use brown polarised lenses all the time, with a special purple lens for orange clays. I get benefit from the polarised lenses even in the field with thick fog at 3.30pm on a December afternoon. I like lots of blue in my white light though, and like florescent lights.

Does anyone know of coloured glasses that are polarised? To me, it's essential, it's like the day and night when trying sunglasses. So far I've stayed clear of tinted safety/shooting glasses because I can't find any that are polarised.

If it is that desparate then get a pair of polarised clip ons from any optical shop such as specsavers and add them to a tinted pair for test purposes.

Does anyone know of coloured glasses that are polarised? To me, it's essential, it's like the day and night when trying sunglasses. So far I've stayed clear of tinted safety/shooting glasses because I can't find any that are polarised.

Probably loads, especially if you want to opt for high end stuff like Pilla. But a quick Google found these.

http://www.rapideyewear.co.uk/en/shooting-sunglasses/172-ace-polarised-shooting-sunglasses.html

loads on the bay. like these if you wear glasses. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unisex-Driving-Night-Vision-Clip-on-Flip-up-Eyewear-Polarized-Lens-Anti-UV-400-J-/142215898486?var=&hash=item211cba6576:m:mn0RfQ9rG-I8wk94_zt1EpQ

Or these if you dont. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hot-Night-Vision-Goggles-Polarized-Sunglasses-Anti-Driving-Glasses-BYJV-/142230508068?var=&hash=item211d995224:m:mRoMW3X_D-src_gnzQOMlcw and if they are a load of junk you can bin them but I bet you wont tell much if any difference to glasses costing 50 times more

Edited by fortune