Haunted firewood

iano

Had a rather odd experience last night.

Heading to the bathroom at about 03.00 (craft beer, you ********) I found that logs I had split yesterday were glowing in the dark!

Looks like they had fungus growing through them (they weren't great logs) but there was a strong glow from them. I've never seen this before, is it common?

This is all the explanation required :)

:lol: :lol:

Years ago in Wales, my old man and myself were night fishing when something caught my eye! Flashes of light in the breakers! It was a weed that had broken free of it's mooring and was flickering like a dodgy lightbulb. I found it fascinating.

This is all the explanation required :)

:lol: :lol:

Years ago in Wales, my old man and myself were night fishing when something caught my eye! Flashes of light in the breakers! It was a weed that had broken free of it's mooring and was flickering like a dodgy lightbulb. I found it fascinating.

Honey fungus glows, just the mycelium though, the hairy "roots".

There's another one where the whole fungus glows, the name escapes me.

I have seen this on the Marsh before, if you hit the floor, or puddles of sea water with a stick, they would glow!

Will o the wisp!

Dinoflagellates.

A buddy and I were fishing on Huttoft beach in Lincolnshire. I thought I saw some green sparkles in the sand. I shifted some sand with my foot and the sand really sparkled. When I reeled in then the weed on my line and on my rig were sparkling too. They store light during the day and release it at night.

Quite enchanting :)

Dinoflagellates.

A buddy and I were fishing on Huttoft beach in Lincolnshire. I thought I saw some green sparkles in the sand. I shifted some sand with my foot and the sand really sparkled. When I reeled in then the weed on my line and on my rig were sparkling too. They store light during the day and release it at night.

Quite enchanting :)

My Gran lived in Huttoft on church lane :)

My Aunt in Saltfleet too :yes:

My Gran lived in Huttoft on church lane :)

My Aunt in Saltfleet too :yes:

Had my best fishing there too.

There used to be a few people living in campervans on the car terrace. Got talking to one of them and realised he was one of my old RAF mates. Had a cuppa with him in his van and he showed photos that he'd scanned to his laptop of us from back in the seventies including some really tough detachments to Hawaii :friends: