building houses

Paddy Galore!

that could upset the apple cart, as far as i'm aware you only have to set aside a percentage for social housing if you build over 20 houses? I might be wrong but there's always the 2nd paddock available to put the riff raff in if you're right. :whistling:

AVB, you are hardly poor, tight maybe as I never did get that drink out of you :lol:

True I'm not poor but not rich. My wife spends everything I earn. Sorry for not buying the drink. I had to escape Norfolk quite quickly. Was chased out by pitchfork wielding crazed mob of locals when they realised I didn't have webbed fingers. One day I'll be back in disguise and I'll buy you a drink.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no experience in this, but what about selling them off as self build plots with outline planning permission?

that's a good idea, we could also divide up the land into sections so it doesn't look such a daunting task if we do decide to give it a bash. does anyone have any knowledge of eco builds? perhaps there's more incentive on councils to let this type of house get priority for planning consent.

We did many self build in MK (code level 3). Not as simple as it sounds. You have to give assurance to new buyers that they are buying into a known space and that fred smith wont build something horrible next door. You need a design guide and a way to enforce it (difficult and high litigation risk). You would have to manage competing access arrangements for contractors. There are big savings on infrastructure so you might want to pre plan this.

Eco (passive house) might be part of the unlocking tactics for PP.

If it were me I would look to max out the return and get myself something elsewhere. Even if I liked my ten acres now I doubt I would when neighbour's arrived.