Measuring internal barrels

Reeceknight

The REAL answer would be to get a COMPETENT gunsmith to check it out , usually a free service if he's not TOO busy .

I wouldn't want wall thickness anywhere to be less than 0.5 of a mill, but they could have been thinner from new when lightweight guns were all the rage.

Competent is the key word ,I would also get some one who is used to dealing with guns of this type . Should only take a few minutes discounting "chat" time . Sort of thing I did all the time for customers and other RFD's

Since posting I have spoken to leeches gun smith! gave him all information and he said it's tight as anything and well I'm proof. wall thickness is fine and if anything very thick for his day, he said the gun has had loads of work on it to keep it in them measurement hence the 2 3/4 chambers 👍🏼

bruno22rf evidently didnt look at your photo of the barrel flats showing that one barrel is marked 18.4 and the other 18.7, the advice from Leeches is

perfectly correct; its well in proof and the wall thickness is well above the recommended minimum.

Edited by JJsDad

The right hand tube in the pic is stamped 18.4, you then say in a later post that the right hand barrel measures .736 which is 18.7 is it not? - unless you got your measurements the wrong way round in your post? Just checked your post - you HAVE got the measurements mixed up so all is well.

Edited by bruno22rf

Looking down the barrels with the gun mounted the barrel on the right is the right barrel.....this is usually the open bored barrel

The barrel on the left is the left barrel.......usually the more tightly choked barrel!

Which ever way you view the barrels.......the above is the accepted way to identify and refer to which barrel is which!....