Unknown Michie & crockart English Damascus 12 gauge

Unknown Michie & crockart English Damascus

£2,000

12 gauge Shotgun Private Seller
Used - Very Good Condition Dunmow, Essex
Side by Side, -, -, 30" barrels
Img_1361 Img_1358 Img_1354

Description

up for sale is my beloved old English Damascus side by side. I haven't seen one up for sale before. So where to start?

The gun its self is in superb condition, and was hand made in Scotland in 1886-1888 from what I can find out. after getting in touch with bonhams auctions who have told me the little information a know. At some point the gun has been restocked at a cost of 1000s and at a high standered.

Has 30 inch Damascus barrels (assuming made to order in the 1800's) at some point in the 60s the gun has been reproofed and checked in Birmingham. The strange thing is that the chambers are 2 3/4. So at some point has had a fortune spent on it to change it. This if anything made me want the gun more as the chamber size combined with the barrel length make this a capable every day game gun and has served me well on driven days and pigeon shooting.

It comes out a hand full of times a year. The engraving is still in great condition and looks beautiful on the anson and deely action.

I hope the photos speak for themselves. I can promise you this gun gets attention every time I get it out, it's often passed around clay shoots and driven days, people have given me phone number over the years for if it ever goes up for sale. I'm considering swapping for somthing over and under if it's the correct gun and I'm open to serious offers . I have been told due to the lack of these guns around it's hard to price so I would like £30,000 but will settle for around the £2000 mark 😂 please feel free to text or call me.

The seller of this gun doesn't appear to be a Pigeon Watch member, to contact them please use the details on Gun Watch.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just don't use it enough or really have enough room, if I'm honest I really miss having a nice over and under and was hoping to purchase a nice ceaser or somthing along them lines. :( really confused now and even worse someone just rang me up and asked to view it as long as it was choked for what he wants. you lot are a pain! lol

i just don't use it enough or really have enough room, if I'm honest I really miss having a nice over and under and was hoping to purchase a nice ceaser or somthing along them lines. :( really confused now and even worse someone just rang me up and asked to view it as long as it was choked for what he wants. you lot are a pain! lol

Sell a kidney or something but do not sell that. Who cares it doesn't get used? Take a photo and mount that on the wall too. It really is that beautiful.

Sell a kidney or something but do not sell that. Who cares it doesn't get used? Take a photo and mount that on the wall too. It really is that beautiful.

Agreed, I've a gun that just fills my soul, I've been offered money almost at every shoot.

If anything, get it valued, it could've worth more.

It could be worth less, but only you would know that.

This is mine

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/317538-16g-sxs/?hl=%2B16g+%2Bkyska&do=findComment&comment=2875411

It's a lot prettier now the length has been made normal, I have no idea how big you'd need to be to shoot it with the lop it had.

It's not a patch on yours, but my point is I've seen values from £40 (recently, really) to people who just like it and have offered x10 and more for it.

I can't sell it.

Edited by kyska

This is mine

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/317538-16g-sxs/?hl=%2B16g+%2Bkyska&do=findComment&comment=2875411

It's a lot prettier now the length has been made normal, I have no idea how big you'd need to be to shoot it with the lop it had.

It's not a patch on yours, but my point is I've seen values from £40 (recently, really) to people who just like it and have offered x10 and more for it.

I can't sell it.

Am I the only one with a load of dogs in my cabinet? 😂