My pigeon shooting thread (old/new)

Reeceknight

don't often post pictures on this section but they seem to be building up on my phone so might aswel share them, only started pigeon shooting and devoting about 3 years ago still have a lot to learn 👍🏼 But enjoying. For me it isn't about the number shot as such more the enjoyment of shooting. So I will keep this as a long running thread and add to it as I shoot. Please take it lightly I like to have a laugh and hope this proves to new shooters that not everyone shoots huge bags and you don't need big numbers to have fun 👍🏼

This was shot last harvest (excuse my skinny drug addict look) I hadn't long been out of hospital on a long stint on morphine and god knows what else, the months I couldn't shoot I was simply gagging to get out and wasted no time!

Shot in Essex over stubble, about 3 hours worth of shooting think we ended the day on 45 but didn't end up picking that amount up

4349D086-81C8-45BF-91B7-098906333B83_zps

this was a day in Hertfordshire, sat underneath half decent flight line, the birds didn't decoy so was the shooting was great fun although to be honest there was probably more missing than hitting lol think we shot 69

C8988674-ED4F-42EC-B0F4-FC7007709CCD_zps

F1279947-D260-4BCE-AE51-AA46D815AE50_zps

Edited by Reeceknight

best day yet was over peas, ended up shooting 136, ended up with a situation struggling to pick dead a birds up, shooting between the woodland wasn't ideal or over the high crop either. It picked up a good number. This was in bishop storrford. no hide used shot using static decoys and one magnet off the edge of a wood (hence the camo)

4EFAAD1E-1F7C-41EB-BEAF-183378C6EDE1_zps

This winter managed to hook some birds flightong to and from 2 different woods. threw out some decoys to try and pull some over ended up using a magnet and shooting at high birds flying past. don't think I ended up shooting over 15 by the end of the evening but was the best most memorable pigeon day yet! Just good fun shooting at really sporting birds 👍🏼

57085B21-8CB1-416F-9D64-BB1E0194C3CD_zps

Some great pictures, just nice to be out doing it. I understand about the numbers, it's just we have more shooting offered to us due to the farmer gossip machine with regard to the numbers we shoot. Also when you shoot four hundred in one session you have to be geared up to process them or drop them at the game dealer. I hope you health continues and that you can post more in the future.

Some great pictures, just nice to be out doing it. I understand about the numbers, it's just we have more shooting offered to us due to the farmer gossip machine with regard to the numbers we shoot. Also when you shoot four hundred in one session you have to be geared up to process them or drop them at the game dealer. I hope you health continues and that you can post more in the future.

I under stand that mate, I do get fixated with trying to beat my PB etc lol but have noticed big bags doesn't always mean my most enjoyable days. My best friends a keeper and my other 2 mate s are farmers so I have to come back with a half decent bag when asked to go out haha

This was 2016 but I can't remember much about it haha it wasn't a planned day just went out last minutes think I shot over drill. ended up with around 80 ish I believe, maybe 70? lol I remember running out of carts and getting some dropped of with some food as I wasn't planning on havin the day I had!

C33D12B2-D652-47B1-8EB0-7E041F3944F4_zps