Offered Replacement Indesit Washer Dryer IWD7123 - Any Good?

ph5172

After an extended warranty breakdown visit the warranty company have decided to replace instead of repair my washer dryer.

They have offered a Indeset 7123 and would like me to get back to them after i had considered the offer

It has OK ish reviews (as OK as a washer dryer gets) but does anyone actually know - or am i better asking for a better model.

They have gone on a similar price / function match and will only match with a washer dryer.

Thanks

Why should they give you a 'better' one ?

Unless you're suggesting a different model and offering to make up any price difference ?

Maybe i didn't explain myself clearly, or, you naturally assume someone wants something for nothing,

As in a better, more reliable model from a different manufacturer within the same function and price bracket - and as a side note the RRP of the 7123 is actually about £150 lower than what i had before

Edited by ph5172

I didn't make any assumption merely asked a question so as to better understand the reasoning behind your post.

Is it specifically Indesit extended warranty or possibly some third party company ?

If it's Indesits warranty then I can't see them giving another manufacturers product as a replacement,

You might ague your case for a different make IF it's a third party warranty ( but they probably have special rates with Indesit for replacements)

You might try arguing for a cash settlement in lieu of a replacement then you're free to purchase whatever you want ?

So many of the different makes are made by just a few companies, Just cosmetic differences for example Indesit and Hotpoint.

Good luck.

It is an extended warranty provided by the retailer (via a 3rd party repair agency, and a 3rd party domestic appliance replacement retailer (who not the original retailer) so i assume they have bulk purchased a 3rd party warranty on my behalf.

The terms state my remaining extended warranty becomes void if they replace the product so i want one thats not notorious for faults.

As far as the engineer made out, Hotpoint and Indiset are the same company with many of the same parts, just different cases

I have now been without for 4 weeks (1 waiting for an engineer, 2 for the spares (from abroad) and now a week whilst they decided the repair time and spares were more than the machines original value) - i assume they have costed the repair and the chances of another issue in the next 3 or so years

Edited by ph5172

Billy it's not his dish washer it's his washer / dryer as in clothes ?

I've got a hotpoint Aquarius that was left in a property, brand new not even plumbed in. It's faultless, can put it on quick wash and 25 min dry and clothes are ready to wear

OOPS! I should read posts more carefully! My apologies to the OP.

Indesit last time I knew owned Hotpoint and Creda, personally I would see if you could get something like Bosch/Whirlpool. Might sound daft but if Bosch see if you can find out where it was made, German made seemed to be of better quality than Italian made according to my old mentor.

Can't remember who owns who without googling but Hoover and Candy are part of the same group.

Edited by Ttfjlc

The Indesit model is ok, but any washer dryer is never going to be as good as one of each as they never seem to dry that well. Whirlpool now own Indesit, Hotpoint & Cannon cookers. The Indesit & Hotpoint machines are made manly in Poland & think that Whirlpool are made in France .

Just to close the loop, we have taken a direct replacement (the same model but with a newer display), we did have the option of the exact same model but as it was being discontinued in favor of the one with a newer display they would honor that.

I did ask about paying to upgrade but a majority were on back order for 8-12 weeks.

I wouldn't have another washer dryer!!!

- They take ages to actually dry anything

- Drying Towels required a rinse cycle after to remove the fluff from the drum

- The was programs are not as extensive as a dedicated washer

The main reason for failure is because of overheating components, apparently, partly due to the fact a dry cycle can take 2 or so hours and the heat dissipation is not brilliant from inside the case.

The girl organising replacement said she spends most of her day replacing Washer Dryers with the odd single appliance thrown in - from across the manufacturers (most share the same components, Hotpoint, Creeda, Indeset and the like) and are actually just re-branded, thus saving the 'manufacturer' from having to declare the real life failure rate.

Edited by ph5172

Just to close the loop, we have taken a direct replacement (the same model but with a newer display), we did have the option of the exact same model but as it was being discontinued in favor of the one with a newer display they would honor that.

I did ask about paying to upgrade but a majority were on back order for 8-12 weeks.

I wouldn't have another washer dryer!!!

- They take ages to actually dry anything

- Drying Towels required a rinse cycle after to remove the fluff from the drum

- The was programs are not as extensive as a dedicated washer

The main reason for failure is because of overheating components, apparently, partly due to the fact a dry cycle can take 2 or so hours and the heat dissipation is not brilliant from inside the case.

The girl organising replacement said she spends most of her day replacing Washer Dryers with the odd single appliance thrown in - from across the manufacturers (most share the same components, Hotpoint, Creeda, Indeset and the like) and are actually just re-branded, thus saving the 'manufacturer' from having to declare the real life failure rate.

Ah yes another one my mentor taught me, as a general rule the drying cycle on a washer/dryer is only really good enough for half the tub load. We had a fair few customers believing their appliances were faulty, just a bit of friendly advice required.