Patternmaster chokes

Came across this little gem on Ebay.

Here I'm selling a 12g patternmaster choke, the technology inside the choke allows it momentarily to stop the wad allowing the shot string to be reduced from 17 feet to approximately 3, giving the shooter the ability to hit birds at range,

It looks like an excellent buy. As I understand it the wad is travelling up the barrel at something like 1200fps. The wad momentarily stops at the choke and then resumes travelling out of the barrel.

Beats me how this happens, but it must be true. :whistling::whistling::hmm::hmm::lol:

Came across this little gem on Ebay.

It looks like an excellent buy. As I understand it the wad is travelling up the barrel at something like 1200fps. The wad momentarily stops at the choke and then resumes travelling out of the barrel.

Beats me how this happens, but it must be true. :whistling::whistling::hmm::hmm::lol:

You are travelling at say 60 mph in your Vehicle apply the Brakes what happens !!!!!

You slow down.

I'd love to see what happened to the chap holding the gun if it was actually true.

Tiny mass (i.e. the wad) goes from 1200fps to 0fps (near-)instantaneously due to internal friction with item being held by non-infinitely-strong human.

Well it's obvious, isn't it? The gun begins to fly forwards, away from the shooter, at a velocity proportional to the wad velocity where the ratio is the mass of the wad to the mass of the gun.

I can hear the commentator now: "hold on chaps - the gun's trying to get the shot back!"

Then of course, acceleration of the wad back to 1200fps after the shot's had a little time to get ahead - what, by pushing against the barrel walls via friction??? Or with the secret rocket engine they install in every one of them? :hmm:

So a new movement of the gun backwards is the equal and opposite force to this accelleration.... Chap gets kicked in the shoulder again.

DOUBLE RECOIL!

Winner.

Good find Gordon R - that tickled me.

Edited by neutron619

If you have nothing truthful to add, perhaps you should not post.

The description of the item was misleading - if I was charitable. I found it amusing. I am at a loss as to why you should try to defend it.

I could do a million tests and not one could ever match the claim. It is absolute and utter nonsense

I have one it does give better patterns at range that i wont argue. As for the shot string theory im still not to sure as there is no way to proove this.

The idea is there is two stud rings inside the wad that for a mili second pause the wad causing the shot to leave the wad and choke first. But with out filming it all in super slow motion it is to hard to proove.

If you have nothing truthful to add, perhaps you should not post.

The description of the item was misleading - if I was charitable. I found it amusing. I am at a loss as to why you should try to defend it.

I could do a million tests and not one could ever match the claim. It is absolute and utter nonsense

In your argumentive oppion 😴 Edited by 6.5x55SE

I have no argument with the fact that it might well be a very good choke. What I find hard to accept is when someone starts having a pop - about "facts" cited in an advertisement, which are garbage, but accepted by the feeble minded.

Shortens the shot string to 3 feet - seriously? ???? ???? Wad stops momentarily? ??????

PS - freebies - "argumentative" and "opinion" - plus "Exactly" - no need for upper case.

Edited by Gordon R

Shot string is caused by difference in size of pellets and deformation of pellets, as whether pellet exit muzzle in wad or sans wad they all start to act as individuals once they lose acceleration and encounter air resistance.

If you look at internet pictures of high speed photography, pellets leave wad in a mass as the wad is stripped by air resistance.

Then you get the opposite in long range cartridges where the wad stays with the shot holding it for a time to give long distance pattern ability.

Some of the claims by manufacturers are laughable. If it throws good patterns I don't care how it does it.