Utility vehicle

Beagrie92

Friend has a Polaris and likes it, he makes his own updated parts for underneath as they can get damaged. Kawasaki miles are not that strong or didn't used to be. John Deere were always expensive but held there value well.

See what you like driving best and what the best deal is, that would sway me.

Friend has a Polaris and likes it, he makes his own updated parts for underneath as they can get damaged. Kawasaki miles are not that strong or didn't used to be. John Deere were always expensive but held there value well.

See what you like driving best and what the best deal is, that would sway me.

Cheers for the help

We have a Polaris on our syndicate. Must be ten years old now, we bought it new and other than servicing and a few bushes it's been great.

We had both the petrol and diesel versions on demo and opted for the petrol. Much more responsive when chasing rabbits/Charlie. Still fairly cheap to run, even when with a dozen bags of wheat on the back when feeding.

It gets used on shoot days ferrying stops about, has a Crane for picking up deer carcasses and doesn't cut the ground up. All in all a fantastic piece of kit.

I use a Polaris Ranger mid size petrol at my dads farm, it is a brilliant bit of kit.

Only issue we have had over the years of ownership is a starter solenoid go intermittently wonky, it was about £30 and took me 5 mins work to fix.

No idea what the others are like but if I got given what I paid for it I would buy another one so I guess i must be happy with it .

Edited by timps

Are you talking new, or S/H?

The all new Kawasaki Mule really kicks the bar up another notch and could be regarded as the best on the market - too early to know how it stands upto the work, though.

Second hand - JD Gator is the most reliable, followed by the old Mule. Old Mule is basic/primitive but does what it says on the time.

Polaris is good, but doesn't like abuse.

My mule is an good bit of kit, it will go most places in 2wd including crossing ditches with only 2 opposite wheels touching the ground! The only downside, is the massive cost of spare bits if it does go wrong

They are all expensive when they 'break'...

It's finding the one which breaks the least often