Investment options

kyska

Hi All,

If you were to come into some liquid cash, not unsubstantial and wanted to invest, but not into more property or land, what would you people think of straight away?

Not necessarily very high risk, but something worth a punt.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless I had inside information (which is illegal) i wouldn't consider punting on one asset. Diversification is the key. Otherwise go down the bookies.

Yep, I was t thinking one basket, we've always invested in bricks and grass, just thinking of diversity really

I would spread some on large warehouse units, doctors surgeries and student housing. Take a look at Tritax big Box, Primary Health Properties and Empiric Student Properties. All REIT's with a decent return and capital growth.

Aren't they all bricks and mortar? Albeit funds?

Aren't they all bricks and mortar? Albeit funds?

Yes but different areas of risk from housing. My Thinking.

UK is small so building big sheds is getting harder and with internet shopping we will need a lot more.

NHS is a given on long leases.

Up market student housing is a good punt if you dont have to deal with it.

I suppose the obvious on here, brand new berettas, or brownings, don't even fire them once, store them for ten years, should see a profit.

air cooled Porsche have jumped in a big way, much as other classics, maybe buy one and enjoy it, then sell it on in 5 years.

Rolexes as the gun idea.

krugerrands.

or, an absolute sure fire winner,

buy a van, and window wash system and get a local youngster to build a round, give him 50 percent, its a sound investment if you do it right.

buy a brand new car and do a bit of uber driving.

Edited by wandringstar

As an ex dairy farm we have mass storage already, I guess I'm just thinking of a diversity.

Maybe stay safe and buy a house.

room for your car collection then. 70's cars and bikes are fetching really good money now, even the really bad cars that you wouldn't have been seen dead in, 80's stuff is going the same way,some 90's cars and bikes can be had for peanuts, and if they're sought after, and mint, they could be worth a fair bit in10 / 20 yrs going by the trend.

Edited by Paddy Galore!

If you were to ever listen to someone on the internet about anything then please listen to this; please go and see another financial advisor.

😬 really?

This. In a university town.

I've worked at universities all my life, they, the ones I've worked at, and local, have magnificent facilities, not convinced!