yorkshire game

Still trading as far as I'm aware. Dropped a carcass off on Sunday.

I do know that for at least last month he's not been paying for game he's had to collect but was paying 30p a brace for game dropped off at his chiller.

As it's been explained to me, it's not been run as efficiently if it could have been and it's caught up with them.

The blackface meat company side of things was sold last year to an outfit in dumfries. I understand they're still using the same office.

Novice

That could be right novice, i heard they would take birds off a shoot but weren't going to pay for them, which sounded strange/dodgy, but 1 lad got a phonecall to square him up for the vension so were paying for deer. Just seemed a strange set up

The black face meat co was taken over by galloway.

It would be a big deal if they did fold as the amount of game and their collection round was massive. Not just SW Scotland but right across to the east coast and down through to Yorkshire.

It would be a pain for me as well as the chiller is very handy in summer as can get them in there sharpish without worrying about spoilage.

Novice

• 1 month later...

A subsidiary of Yorkshire game in Scotland has gone bust and they have informed one of my friends Yorkshire game has gone so they have passed his details onto another game dealer I think they are called highland game but my Pal says he ain't that impressed with them so he's going to process his own carcases.

Edited by scutt

I received a letter from the Blackface Meat company near dumfries, their sister company Yorkshire Game has been subject to a management buy out due difficulties encoutered after trying going into supermarket supply. The Blackface meat company will continue to act as a collection point for deer, but it now will be as an agent for Highland game, and as so will adopt their pricing structure, (which did not seem too good to me).

Edited by scolopax