The Wait

Benkent

Had my firearms visit 2 weeks ago on Monday after a brilliant days shooting at Greenfields in Canterbury on Saturday with 6 of my mates who are already sgc holders it can't land on my doorstep any quicker so I can go shopping. Really hoping I'm not going to be one of the ones waiting 6 months plus lol.

Edited by Benkent

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had my firearms visit 2 weeks ago on Monday after a brilliant days shooting at Greenfields in Canterbury on Saturday with 6 of my mates who are already sgc holders it can't land on my doorstep any quicker so I can go shopping. Really hoping I'm not going to be one of the ones waiting 6 months plus lol.

Shop now and get the dealer to hold it for ya :)

Nooooooo I'm in for a long wait then lol. I'll give it 3 months and will probably end up getting one and putting it on my mates certificate and in his safe and then transfer when it arrives. Cheers mate

Yep i made the mistake of wandering into a Gun shop purely by mistake..Honest

Kent are 132 days, on average.

where is this from?

I've stopped looking at guns as I was just teasing myself. My mate gave me a brand new browning slip and I brought some ear plugs on Saturday so just gun and cleaning kit to get lol.

Dont worry you will get it sometime but unless kent time have been slashed you are in for a wait. Read this. >>> http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/328528-hands-up-if-youve-been-waiting-more-than-six-months-for-a-renewal/

to save time Read the latest page which is six. A friend recently waited over six months for an FAC renewal.

Edited by fortune

I'm in West Mercia, I applied in June for my SGC and I'm still waiting for a visit. I didn't realise that there might be a further wait after the visit, I just assumed once he came out and everything was okay, they would issue you a licence. I'll be really ****** if there's another long wait after my visit, I've already been waiting 234 days.

9 weeks today since my visit and still not a dickybird. The FEO was very efficient, contacted my referee in good time, cabinet installed, my Dr responded quickly and when the FEO came he said all the police checks had been done. (Avon and Somerset). He left saying to expect it in the post.

Emailed them two weeks ago and got told not to expect it before March....

In fairness I did only have to wait for two weeks for the visit, so the total wait isn't horrible compared to some. Its just annoying as I know its essentially all done but just sitting in a pile somewhere waiting to be printed and posted. A 4 month wait for that seems ridiculous.

I put in for my fac renewal in September it was up in Octerber still not got it yet ,rang them last week they said they are still working on Junes.

:|

There was a table published in a shooting mag a few months ago. I'll see if I can dig it out.

The person that wrote that in a mag obviously was just being fed a load of rubbish. AND they didn't check out the real situation on the ground. AND you have transmitted this nonsense through another step by posting it on here. The poster in #10 is in Maidstone and could walk to the headquarters but there is no public scrutiny to the inner workings of the firearms department. They don't or didn't take calls and if you try to contact the FeO all you get is a recorded message stating that you should ring the department. Which isn't answered. If you go through the switchboard and ask if you can speak with the officer in charge of the firearms department you are told that they won't speak to the general public. You are advised that you can put in a formal complaint. I did hear of one person that did manage to get through and they were told in no uncertain terms that if they persisted in complaining that they might be considered a suitable candidate to have a FAC. I shoot with a club in Kent and the club's certificate was nearly a year. The club secretary contacted the FeO about the club had run out of ammo and he was told, So, the members will have to buy ammo on their own certificates. What gets me are the amount of people who post on here stating get in touch with basc. Fat lot of good that is going to do. If they had any sway in the matter we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place. Anyone can say that they are in consultation with the relevant departments but no action comes out from it. So there is no point in paying the membership fee. You would be better spending the money in a local gun shop and keeping the boat afloat from that angle. The proof of this is in deeds not words.

They haven't rung my referee yet. My medical records had no problems whatsoever and he was very happy with the installation of the cabinet and no problems with police record. Only thing he asked about was the ms60 on my licence and what it was for it said having a Raptor 700 quad and being an idiot and doing a wheelie from the lights. I'll just have to keep waiting and hope it turns up soon.

9 weeks today since my visit and still not a dickybird. The FEO was very efficient, contacted my referee in good time, cabinet installed, my Dr responded quickly and when the FEO came he said all the police checks had been done. (Avon and Somerset). He left saying to expect it in the post.

Emailed them two weeks ago and got told not to expect it before March....

In fairness I did only have to wait for two weeks for the visit, so the total wait isn't horrible compared to some. Its just annoying as I know its essentially all done but just sitting in a pile somewhere waiting to be printed and posted. A 4 month wait for that seems ridiculous.

Checks have been done, referee contacted, Doctor replied, visit done, yet they still take months to print a ticket? Maybe they are going to carve it in marble rather than press "print" on a computer.

Firearms licensing really is a shambles. The police manage to print speeding tickets a lot faster, but then there's more revenue in them.

Firearms licensing really is a shambles. The police manage to print speeding tickets a lot faster, but then there's more revenue in them.

Spot on, like many- I run my own business & and during busy/short staffed periods - you'll always find me where the ££££ is easiest to earn.

The person that wrote that in a mag obviously was just being fed a load of rubbish. AND they didn't check out the real situation on the ground. AND you have transmitted this nonsense through another step by posting it on here. The poster in #10 is in Maidstone and could walk to the headquarters but there is no public scrutiny to the inner workings of the firearms department. They don't or didn't take calls and if you try to contact the FeO all you get is a recorded message stating that you should ring the department. Which isn't answered. If you go through the switchboard and ask if you can speak with the officer in charge of the firearms department you are told that they won't speak to the general public. You are advised that you can put in a formal complaint. I did hear of one person that did manage to get through and they were told in no uncertain terms that if they persisted in complaining that they might be considered a suitable candidate to have a FAC. I shoot with a club in Kent and the club's certificate was nearly a year. The club secretary contacted the FeO about the club had run out of ammo and he was told, So, the members will have to buy ammo on their own certificates. What gets me are the amount of people who post on here stating get in touch with basc. Fat lot of good that is going to do. If they had any sway in the matter we wouldn't be in this situation in the first place. Anyone can say that they are in consultation with the relevant departments but no action comes out from it. So there is no point in paying the membership fee. You would be better spending the money in a local gun shop and keeping the boat afloat from that angle. The proof of this is in deeds not words.

...AND 'rant of the week' award goes to 'fortune'.

Applied for shotgun to Essex in October 2015,

Had visit in July 2016, was told as it was a straightforward application it would be up to four week wait from this point,

Got cert in mid November 2016.

That's appaling service ! I wonder what the excuses are for a 13 Month wait !! Someone NICK all the pens ?

Edited by Snoozer