The Wait

Benkent

Checks have been done, referee contacted, Doctor replied, visit done, yet they still take months to print a ticket? Maybe they are going to carve it in marble rather than press "print" on a computer.

Firearms licensing really is a shambles. The police manage to print speeding tickets a lot faster, but then there's more revenue in them.

I really want it on a marble tablet now. Or maybe a bronze plaque...

That would be awesome.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...AND 'rant of the week' award goes to 'fortune'.

Thanks for that award. It might be a rant but surely it is unacceptable that there doesn't appear to be any accountability for the people, US, as to why this is happening and how some forces can turn the certs around quickly and others take forever. How none of the orgs get to take these forces to task over it along with the make it up as they go along situation.

Thanks for that award. It might be a rant but surely it is unacceptable that there doesn't appear to be any accountability for the people, US, as to why this is happening and how some forces can turn the certs around quickly and others take forever. How none of the orgs get to take these forces to task over it along with the make it up as they go along situation.

I completely agree with you that, in theory, there shouldn't be any difference in the licensing forces, and yet there is massive variation. This is a source of great frustration for many. Totally agree as well that no-one seems to have a credible explanation for the situation.

I completely agree as well mate we are paying for a service which we are not getting. We have done our part application getting safes in order in some cases there's a lot of steps to applying etc and you would think they would have the funding or staff to complete the process in a sensible time frame.

Not intending to upset anyone but can't praise Stafford police enough, scg application went beginning of Dec 16 and visit early Jan 17, ticket arrived mid Jan. My mate was holding a gun on his ticket so that got transferred. First lesson booked and first 10 boxes of clay cartridges all bought before end of Jan

Not intending to upset anyone but can't praise Stafford police enough, scg application went beginning of Dec 16 and visit early Jan 17, ticket arrived mid Jan. My mate was holding a gun on his ticket so that got transferred. First lesson booked and first 10 boxes of clay cartridges all bought before end of Jan

Just highlights how inept some forces are :(

I a long time ago concluded that the shooting organisations be that those representing us the shooter or the trade ones representing the trade are invited along to what ever the meeting is about with regard to homeoffice, police etc to be told what is happing and not to play any part in the outcome of what ever the agenda is. Hence they have no influence on totally unacceptable times within the licensing process or access to medical records and ten year certificates etc etc. So moaning about the long wait will just be water of a duck back to the licensing team.

Latest rumours are the homeoffice what to move to a fee that totally recovers all costs in managing firearms licence fees from the licence holder. Just like they are now trying to do for clubs and section five holders.

How long before the £500 certificate fee?

Just highlights how inept some forces are :(

I a long time ago concluded that the shooting organisations be that those representing us the shooter or the trade ones representing the trade are invited along to what ever the meeting is about with regard to homeoffice, police etc to be told what is happing and not to play any part in the outcome of what ever the agenda is. Hence they have no influence on totally unacceptable times within the licensing process or access to medical records and ten year certificates etc etc. So moaning about the long wait will just be water of a duck back to the licensing team.

Latest rumours are the homeoffice what to move to a fee that totally recovers all costs in managing firearms licence fees from the licence holder. Just like they are now trying to do for clubs and section five holders.

How long before the £500 certificate fee?

I totally agree with the above. I’ve been saying this for a long time. The orgs are a total waste of time and members money. It’s all very well saying we are in consultation with xyz but just going along to a meeting once every 6 months and being told what is in the pipeline is no good what so ever. If the orgs are that good, they should be on here at the end of every day putting down what is happening and what they have done on our behalf and not just saying what they are going to do. They should be naming and shaming mps that are against our sport. They should be getting onto the BBC big time about packham and organising political campaigns to put pressure on the system. Still who am I to suggest this sort of thing I am a nobody no name sport shooter. But there are a lot of us out here who are unmarshalled.

...AND 'rant of the week' award goes to 'fortune'.

he is always ranting about something or other

my shotgun renewal is due in June this year.

have sent it off this morning.

will wait and see how long it takes.

I imagine I could well be joining fortune in a rant in the coming months

he is always ranting about something or other

my shotgun renewal is due in June this year.

have sent it off this morning.

will wait and see how long it takes.

I imagine I could well be joining fortune in a rant in the coming months

The be honest, if I had to wait that long, I wouldn't be best pleased, either. That's perfectly understandable!

Could David from BASC please tell us exactly what they are doing to try and rectify this situation?After all the Police are at fault and in the wrong! Who have you contacted? who are you putting pressure on? What excuses are they useing? What EXACTLY are BASC doing on a daily basis (because lets face it YOU should be giving them so much carp over this, it would be easier for the Police to sort out the tickets, than have to continually answer you, the MP's etc, etc)

Have BASC considered a legal case against the Police for compensation for their members?? "Where theres blame, theres a claim!!"

If we were late providing driver details or paying a parking/speeding ticket, we would be fined or in court.

I totally agree with the above. I’ve been saying this for a long time. The orgs are a total waste of time and members money. It’s all very well saying we are in consultation with xyz but just going along to a meeting once every 6 months and being told what is in the pipeline is no good what so ever. If the orgs are that good, they should be on here at the end of every day putting down what is happening and what they have done on our behalf and not just saying what they are going to do. They should be naming and shaming mps that are against our sport. They should be getting onto the BBC big time about packham and organising political campaigns to put pressure on the system. Still who am I to suggest this sort of thing I am a nobody no name sport shooter. But there are a lot of us out here who are unmarshalled.

Agreed, I wonder when they will be investigated for miss selling insurance..

I put in for sgc renewal with staffs in November and was sent a sec7 instantly even tho mines still current.

This is my 3rd renewal and it varies from 5 weeks to 13 weeks each time.

My fac took 5 weeks over 4 years ago but my variation has been in a month already and the contact about an appointment within 2 weeks has gone already . I've land passed , good reason, experience so I don't understand why I need a visit???

That was seriously quick. What you brought?

We already had a Lanber sporter that my wife bought from Wabbitbosher, I drove over to see him to collect a Remmy 1100 and walked away with a Fabarm Euro 3 :) Ive not used it yet!!

First time out on a new permission on the pigeons saturday :) CAN'T WAIT!!!

Just for information, I dod call up the FEO office and asked when it was likely to be processed as I wanted to buy a gun at the show, they bumped me forward in the queue which was FAB!! Might be worth a call......??

Edited by R6demon

We already had a Lanber sporter that my wife bought from Wabbitbosher, I drove over to see him to collect a Remmy 1100 and walked away with a Fabarm Euro 3 :) Ive not used it yet!!

First time out on a new permission on the pigeons saturday :) CAN'T WAIT!!!

Just for information, I dod call up the FEO office and asked when it was likely to be processed as I wanted to buy a gun at the show, they bumped me forward in the queue which was FAB!! Might be worth a call......??

I quite fancy a Rimington. When I rung the feo he did actually bump me forward for the visit so I was happy with that he said it's good you rang as some people don't bother. My dad's waiting for his to be done now rang feo but he is away until Friday so told him to ring him then.

I was impressed with the look and feel of the Remy! Speak to Mick Volkes (wabbitbosher on here) i can't recommend him enough!!

this is his page on Gun watch:

he is an RFD and offers a warranty on ALL guns sold, you wont find a cheaper / better dealer!

https://www.gunwatch.co.uk/users/81/items

Nice one cheers mate will check it out.