Preserving a squirrel tail

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon sir I put my tails in metholated spirit I use a large sweet jar I leave them approx six weeks same with fox tails this will give you desired affect run them under tap after to get rid of meth you could olso use a mixture of borrax alam and table salt mixed with water in same type of jar leave for four weeks

I use surgical spirit for this, 6 to eight weeks. it works.

we put our fox brushes into a jar of meths as well for a few weeks then when they are dry we wash them in fabric conditioner makes them smell nice and clean..

Then we put them into self seal freezer bags and take them to the shop that buy's them from us... :good::good::good::good:

could you do that with pigeon wings...then thread wire thro' them ....................??

Ditch, I don't know if you can still buy formaldehyde at the chemist. The last time I went you could get a less volatile form, but it worked ok. With bird wings you just inject it into the soft tissue and pin to the shape you require. The muscle tissue will set hard and stay in that shape. Used to do full pigeon decoys the same but took the breast meats out and then injected everything else out, head neck, anything with meat/muscle. They made excellent decoys but a bit of trouble. Packed the breast area with toilet paper and sewed it up.

They last a couple of seasons if you look after them. Careful with this stuff it is pretty lethal if you jab yourself ...you tend to go stiff ... hah!! :lol::rolleyes::no: we will not go into that :no:

Ditch, I don't know if you can still buy formaldehyde at the chemist. The last time I went you could get a less volatile form, but it worked ok. With bird wings you just inject it into the soft tissue and pin to the shape you require. The muscle tissue will set hard and stay in that shape. Used to do full pigeon decoys the same but took the breast meats out and then injected everything else out, head neck, anything with meat/muscle. They made excellent decoys but a bit of trouble. Packed the breast area with toilet paper and sewed it up.

They last a couple of seasons if you look after them. Careful with this stuff it is pretty lethal if you jab yourself ...you tend to go stiff ... hah!! :lol::rolleyes::no: we will not go into that :no:

about formalderhyde ..i was asking this a few weeks ago....i havnt found out if you can still get it....................