New and looking for info

Saunders88

I've rencently applied for a sgc grant in Kent, I'm just wondering about the general waiting times, I'm also curious to see if there is any members here from Kent that hold a sgc with a criminal record, I have a few offences from years back (most recent probably around 6-7 years), no convictions but not sure if there all formal cautions or if some were just warnings, I listed them all anyway as I don't want them to think I'm dishonest

Hope you guys can help

Cheers

Dont think you have much to worry about,all convictions have to be declared now by yourself,regardless if they are deemed "spent",thing to remember is you are only declaring things the police already know about ,a simlpe tap of your name into their computer tells them all they need to know.Regarding wait time for a certificate, that all depends on the force dealing with it,the force i deal with (northumbria) are brilliant and tend to be very quick,but i have heard about other force areas taking ages due to backlogs etc,so any members from the kent area will give you a good idea of wait times.

Dont think you have much to worry about,all convictions have to be declared now by yourself,regardless if they are deemed "spent",thing to remember is you are only declaring things the police already know about ,a simlpe tap of your name into their computer tells them all they need to know.Regarding wait time for a certificate, that all depends on the force dealing with it,the force i deal with (northumbria) are brilliant and tend to be very quick,but i have heard about other force areas taking ages due to backlogs etc,so any members from the kent area will give you a good idea of wait times.

He gave me a rough estimate of 7-12 weeks, I'll be happy with that to be honest

How long was the whole process? I've only spoke to my feo on the phone, not even close to my visit yet, they should of received my application today though so the waiting game begins

Sent application off last week of November. Had feo round on the 23rd Jan already had cabinet installed and received cert today.

• 2 months later...

Blimey i had a 6 month wait for my sgc last year in Kent. Applied last Jan and recieved it in July. Did you choose a gun?

Thinking a mossberg 500, 590 or 930 as the deals near me for brand new with warranty are pretty good, I think they've put more staff in place and got abit more organised as when I first applied it mentioned about a long wait and back logs on there website but this is no longer on there

My dad's also got his certificate now also took around 2 weeks after feo visit. He brought a Beretta last week we went Hawley Saturday and he done alright for first time out got 32 out of 70 I got 45 similar to last time so I'm going to concentrate on upping that average now