EELL Beretta problem.

Red-dot

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said he was.... sarcasm also exists on PW it seems.

Thanks all who replied in a helpful and positive manner.

its not sarcasm.its just people pointing out that you are being taken for a ride with the price you have been quoted.its obvious that your gunsmith does not know what the problem is so send it to those who will know,any problem with the trigger unit on a gun is a dangerous problem,it needs fixing not trial and error.

My faith in mankind has kinda been restored.... I paid a lot of money for this beautiful wee gun and had nothing but trouble probably due to a small mechanichal defect initially but i lost faith in it after many misfires. It is out of warranty as it was bought prior to Berettas 10 year deal so if GMK helps get it back on song i will be singing their praises from the rooftops.

I shot my best ever pheasant with it and that bird will stay with me forever otherwise i would have got rid of it some years ago.

UPDATE.... A lovely chap from GMK spotted this post and has agreed to recieve the gun for repair and he did confirm the quote for the sear to be false as everyone exept me had rumbled.

It's on its way to GMK tomorrow.

Thanks all who guided me this way.

Glad you're getting it sorted, shame you had so much trouble, thankfully PW is great for this sort of stuff.

Been looking at the 687eell for a while now, after reading the start of this post I was a bit put off but it has a good ending so I might just go ahead.

I have s pair of 687eell's although in 12 gauge they have had tens of thousands of cartridges put through them and never a problem.they are an excellent gun.

All this talk of one of the big three guns everyone suggests buying reminds me of my 7 year old Bettinsoli that double discharged after 7 years, I rung up the importers and asked there advice, the answer was " I will arrange pick up tomorrow, we will replace all moving parts in the action and return it for £60 " that was two years ago and works a treat since then and came back with small pouch with all the old springs sears etc with it. Not bad for a cheap shotgun

All this talk of one of the big three guns everyone suggests buying reminds me of my 7 year old Bettinsoli that double discharged after 7 years, I rung up the importers and asked there advice, the answer was " I will arrange pick up tomorrow, we will replace all moving parts in the action and return it for £60 " that was two years ago and works a treat since then and came back with small pouch with all the old springs sears etc with it. Not bad for a cheap shotgun

Did there appear to be any noticeable wear or damage to the returned parts? They are well worth hanging on to in case a spring fails.

Latest news.... The gun has been with GMK and they are keeping me up to date with their findings. It is in a mess inside having been incorrectly assembled and some springs and trigger mechanism are damaged.

Bushwear done the RFD thing without a problem and i should have it back via Bushwear next week.

The cost seems like parts only plus maybe RFD>RFD postage.

So far so very good.

So who incorrectly assembled the thing and who is responsible for the springs and trigger mechanism that are damaged? Berretta or the gunsmith who does work for others? And if they are that good why didn't they see these faults on inspection and report it before attempting to repair or bodge it up? "So far so very good". Not really you are paying for someone elses bad workmanship and or bodgery.

• 2 weeks later...

It's back from GMK who seem to have done a fantastic job with over a dozen parts replaced and the action de oxidised. Not fired it yet but the inertia recoil is working again.

Malcolm called me every step of the way even phoning before assembly asking if i wanted auto or non auto safety applied.

I am sure they changed most of the internals by the look of the parts sent in a strip seal bag. Some did look as good as new so Malcolm did a proper job.

I will get the Bowman dug out for a wee test at the weekend.

I will never trust anyone else with my other Berettas again.

So a big thumbs up for Malcolm and GMK and my RFD Bushwear Stirling.

😀😀😀😀😀😀 👍

ChrisAsh - very pointed post. If the make is not one of the big names, it gets a panning. If it is one of the big names, it's always an exception. Been guilty of this myself.

It's very easy for us to believe that the very expensive guns we buy are so much better than the cheaper makes. I have been very pleased with Yildiz I have owned.

Good service and reliability goes a long way when you recommend a make of shotgun.