Plusnet

Davyo

ive been on plus-net for a long time....not fibre tho...........never had any probs with them ...and they answer the phone with a regional accent..

Cheers ditchman

I've just come off web chat with them,very quick to answer my questions.Although I was asking about their package they never tried to sell me anything which is a good start.The advisor just said that if I wanted to buy a package just to come back anytime.

Been with them for a good while with fibre. Tad pricey perhaps but no problems what-so-ever. Sons gave me a fancy TV for Christmas so I thought I'd find out what "unlimited broadband" actually meant and have tried 'i player', etc, a good few times and with no increase in the 2 monthly payments so far (fingers crossed), I think it must mean what it says on the tin.

Result, been with Sky Unlimited broad band with Free calls (few exclusions) £30 per month.Service is great broadband never dropped off (4 using it).However they are creeping up the prices to nearly £34.00.I can get Plusnet fibre for £32 and they have good reviews.So after posting this initial post and speaking online with plusnet I phones Sky.They have given me (as a valued customer)my same package for £18.00, result.Wonder how many people just accept their price increase, they where trying to slap £1.59 on the line rental and £2.50 on the Unlimited BB

Edited by Davyo

Been with them for years, back to when they were Madasafish. Now have fibre with them (to the cabinet) - roadside cabinet is right outside the house so speed is great. Paying for 40 MB/sec, line capacity is 80 plus, and we get a rock-solid 43 MB/sec whenever I've measured it.

Always had good service, uptime has been outstanding.

Always get a Sheffield accent on the phone, and their hold music is always local bands :)

Edited by CaptainBeaky

Hi Plusnet is owned by Bt and based in Sheffield, jeez you've got me started now, we were with Bt and some one ???? hacked our landline , we had calls on our bill to Canada one month ,then Octobers bill 99 calls from our house to 9 different mobiles all starting 07591 and we were out of the house for 2 weeks and all Bt wanted was the wonga no chance we were bounced from Durham to India call centre all wanted the bill settled it went on for weeks no attempt to resolve until I said I'll see you in court that cleared it .I told them to cut the phone and they still kept it live for the rent money no way so went Post Office that lasted less than 2 weeks internet crashed every day and on there engineers contact recordings if you are a windows 10 user contact Microsoft, they took exception when I said the contract is with Post Office not Microsoft so cancelled the contract, so we went to Plusnet and then Post Office wanted £300 for leaving early so cancelled that with Plusnet then Post Office cheeky ******** sent a letter "Welcome back" so I fired off a email to the head honcho again see you in court and heard nothing, 2 weeks ago got a letter they're going send the debt collectors around ooooh I am really worried ,my **** ,so now a Virgin ,jeez even that went pear shaped , engineer said you will be up and running by 2-30 should have asked what day 3 days later and some nice polite calls we are back online and on phone after 4 months and I am quite calm now time to take the Mossberg fac onto the farm .

Used to be with Plusnet (not fibre) and they used to be good. Since the BT takeover they went down hill - poor customer service, unhelpful staff following a script. And speeds getting slower and slower. Took ages to fix repeated internet faults, and they didn't want to give me any money back for loss of service until I complained repeatedly. Glad to leave them, though they stung me another £30 to leave as I wouldn't have Plusnet at the new house.

Used to be with Plusnet (not fibre) and they used to be good. Since the BT takeover they went down hill - poor customer service, unhelpful staff following a script. And speeds getting slower and slower. Took ages to fix repeated internet faults, and they didn't want to give me any money back for loss of service until I complained repeatedly. Glad to leave them, though they stung me another £30 to leave as I wouldn't have Plusnet at the new house.

Pleased I enquired as I had issues with BT in the past,so looks like BT are turning what was a good network provider them essentially.Any hoes staying with sky @ £18 a month.

I was with Plusnet from late 2002 to a month ago, always good service, faults were sorted quickly and there was always someone to talk to in the UK, however, the price crept up and up, so I called them to try and negotiate, they would not shift on the price, so, after many years, I jumped ship and got the same deal at a much better price, at least £17 per month cheaper.

Anybody using them (fibre) any issues re customer service or anything negative or positive

Yes, very good experience for me I had it a few years.

Moved to the other end of the country and stayed with them though not on fibre anymore.

Very good.

Edit: However now I've actually read the thread I might look elsewhere after the year is up haha.

Edited by Muddy Funker

Phone saga a few days ago I was on here regarding Plusnet etc.and briefly on about our saga well, today at last we have a letter form Post Office Telecoms wanting nearly £300 for early settlement of the contract, my reasons for terminating was their failure to provide a service and rectify faults so after 3weeks had enough,contacted them and cancelled, now today got the demand letter ,so went on OffCom site another toothless wonder but one snippet you can cancel within 30 days without any penalties so put that in a letter and fired it off , see what happens now, I have retained copies for when their Rottweillers turn up .Mel.