Ferreting in the rain.

pigeonblasterian

We went out to ferret around a horse paddock this morning.It was raining when we set off and we had to shelter in the van when we got there as it started to pour down.It soon eased off and we netted up along one hedge.We soon had our first rabbit which Michealas ferrets bolted.We moved further down the hedgerow and got another couple and had to dig one of them.By the time we had got to the end of the hedgerow we had got six rabbits and had dug to two.One rabbit had bolted from a hole we could not net and ran back to where we had started ferreting.We had left the nets on and when we packed up and were getting the nets we found it had back netted.So a wet and cold day but we managed 7 rabbits and got packed up just before the rain came down really heavy again.

DSC_0203_zpsceepejte.jpg

DSC_0201_zpsnm9qopdv.jpg

at last some proper looking ferrets that will work all all day. i cannot see this fascination with these tiny little ferrets may not move the nets but certainly wont graft all day with the beating the get underground. well done guys top draw

Yes if some of the small ferrets get a good kicking off the rabbits they can be reluctant to go down the burrows.

Had all my ferrets given.Think they have been the ones people have given up on but once they get regular handling they soon stop biting.

i have always had big hobs. they seem to be a lot quiter maybe because there slower. i have worked ferrets with people who are not fit to keep them. thinking feeding determines there size the poor things were fed little to keep them small {skin and bones}. they constantly laid up through tiredness and lack of stamina. i dont need to tell you why they did not handle well. if we are to do hard graft we need energy from food. those ferrets have to work hard underground and take a hell of beating so need feeding for the job. i know what size animals this leads me to and yours look spot on.

i have always had big hobs. they seem to be a lot quiter maybe because there slower. i have worked ferrets with people who are not fit to keep them. thinking feeding determines there size the poor things were fed little to keep them small {skin and bones}. they constantly laid up through tiredness and lack of stamina. i dont need to tell you why they did not handle well. if we are to do hard graft we need energy from food. those ferrets have to work hard underground and take a hell of beating so need feeding for the job. i know what size animals this leads me to and yours look spot on.

My ferrets get plenty of variety and get a selection of fresh and frozen fur and feather.I never take my ferrets out without feeding them before i go.