Another Price Increase

Let's see what offers the manufacturers come up with when they notice there carts are not selling. No chance I'm paying £65.00 a thousand more less than six months later due to price hikes.

I agree shooters will cut back, it's not a cheap sport to begin with but them 100 clays on a Sunday will become 75 or 50. Those who only shoot 25 or 50 a week will go less as has happened in the past.

For some it's not the being able to afford it, it's what your comfortable paying for weekend hobby.

They'll all go up, last one to go up will sell a few thousand more maybe. Some dealers are stocking up a bit, but they all run businesses and need to make money!

Gamebore have already said they expect to shooters to drop down the range, they've got more velocity in stock. They expect people to drop from white gold down to velocity etc.

Eley prices weren't too scary. Pretty much expected.

I think most will rather try a different band. In general most people buy a particular shell for one of lots of reasons it's not always about cost. I will gladly pay a few quid more for a clay shell that's got the right balance between comfort and performance. But this is getting silly now.

Edited by stevo

So went into my local gun shop to get some carts and owner said that the cartridges are going up again. What was a "budget" cart like velocity, Superfast etc is now going to cost £205 a thou! (fibre wad)

Pigeon loads will be around £250. Looks like i will cutting right back on clay shooting. Don't think i will be the only one.

I think if most people start to cut back on clay shooting, the small shoots will start to suffer.

wacker there is no need to pay 250 for 32 gram carts no need at all there is some very good cheap stuff about have you tried proper cartridges ring him on 07714 323 909 cheers george :yes::good:

:lol: George you read the bit about it's not just the affording it but how much your comfortable paying for a hobby.

I'm always hard up, just a poor northerner.

wood u like me to sponser you i will pay by results wots your cpsa number :good::good::good:

wood u like me to sponser you i will pay by results wots your cpsa number :good::good::good:

then the cartridge price wont affect u 2 much :good::good::good::good:

I think most will rather try a different band. In general most people buy a particular shell for one of lots of reasons it's not always about cost. I will gladly pay a few quid more for a clay shell that's got the right balance between comfort and performance. But this is getting silly now.

stevo what carts you shoot at clays :good:

wacker there is no need to pay 250 for 32 gram carts no need at all there is some very good cheap stuff about have you tried proper cartridges ring him on 07714 323 909 cheers george :yes::good:

How much? Last year i was using Eley Imperial at £39 a slab for crows and pigeon!

out of interest, iv recently moved to Melksham, who you using locally ? Dauntsey ??

Mostly Countrywide.