Dog found in canterbury. Injured but doing ok

daz2202

This dog has been found just outside canterbury.

Almost certainly a worker. He is an entire male.

Has been hit by a car. Vet says he is critical but responding to treatment well.

Chipped but not registered. Vet believes possibly stolen and dumped.

Just by chance I thought I would put on here. Sorry if it's in the wrong section

post-14200-0-97742500-1486917978_thumb.jpg

Edited by daz2202

If he's chipped then there must be some way of tracing him - are the chips not traceable to specific Vets? Someone, somewhere is missing this lad :/

Not sure how detailed their records would be, may have been chipped as a pup by the breeder leaving any registration to a new owner.

May have been stolen before he could be registered.

If he recovers someone will give him a good home.

watch your dogs lads there is a lot of thieving going on as you all know better safe than sorry.

Poor dog. Lets hope for a good outcome for him. The above is why my dogs have been kept in the house. There is so much of this going on from kennels and the plods don’t care and they haven't got any resources to do anything or the will, especially if it involves the camping club. I know of two dogs that were stolen. The spaniel has never been found and the terrier was found wondering around and the ******** had tried to burn a number tattoo out of its ear probably with a lighter. and this was very close to an encampment. A curse on them all. I'll put the word out.

Edited by fortune

I've enquired re the kennels I know and apparently the owners are away in France at the moment, so the dog is almost definitely not from there.

Hope he recovers quickly and the owner is found and reunited with him ASAP. And.... good that the driver stopped and did the right thing :good:

Have you/someone contacted Doglost?

Edit; Have shared it on FB "Game Shooting For The Working Man & Woman"

It has been put all over face book. Will keep you posted

Who foots the bill in cases like this I wonder :hmm:

I think the vets do via an insurance. But a charity has come forward and said that they will along with some local people that are chipping in too.

Fortunately there are still good people in the world

It has been put all over face book. Will keep you posted

I think the vets do via an insurance. But a charity has come forward and said that they will along with some local people that are chipping in too.

Fortunately there are still good people in the world

If someone knows how to run it, I'll start a PW fund off with £50 (possibly more if needed) if it helps the poor mutt.

Bloody animals cause me more grief than people!

Edited by Eyefor