Ratchet axle stands

Dave-G

I'll be applying underseal to the X-trail I swapped for my redundant Galaxy so have been looking at axle stands. I've never seen the ratchet type's before and the finer adjustment they offer appeals to me. Anyone tried them or heard of any issues about them please? They also happen to be cheaper that the pin types I used years ago.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heavy-Duty-Axle-Stands-2-Tonne-Lifting-Capacity-Per-Stand-4-Ton-Per-Pair-/172395541934

Edited by Dave-G

Whats wrong with your galaxy?

Are you scrapping it?

Cheers

It was used as a private hire car (part time for the last few years but still done a lot of miles) and I don't need a noisy diesel car now.

I've swapped it for a 200,000 + miles 2.5 auto X-Trail sport that will do me a lot more good now I've retired. First time in my life for leather seats. :)

The plan is keep it SORN for now and when the insurance is about to run out on our CR-V tart it up and just keep the XT.

We use them commercially and they are better than the ones with the single weight load pin on a chain, as it gets lost and everyone knocks something up that is debatable if it's safe or not. Quite a few of them have a deep dish on the part that contacts the car, we try to buy shallow ones or flatter as they seem to do less damage to the car components

We use them commercially and they are better than the ones with the single weight load pin on a chain, as it gets lost and everyone knocks something up that is debatable if it's safe or not. Quite a few of them have a deep dish on the part that contacts the car, we try to buy shallow ones or flatter as they seem to do less damage to the car components

Thanks for the flattening tip. :good:

Its got 200k on the clock and you are planning on undersealing it? How long do you expect it to last? :lol:

A very long time because I intend to give it lots of TLC. It has full service history and drives almost like a new car apart from needing new rear pads, a dent repair on a door and some cutting paste on a rear wing..

My ancient Humbrol air brush and angle polisher will get some use again.

DSCF6609_zpsjjhlqvfh.jpg

Make sure you get the taller 4x4 van ones. I didn't, they are OK but it would have been better taller.

I'll be ok with the standard one's as a I have for want of a better description a 6" deep x 3 Ft wide gravel crawling pit between the paving blocks where the wheels are.