Central Scotland Clay Shooting Venues

Wazza4

Just to expand on this I am a member of Morton Clay but struggling to find a weekly group to shoot with. None of my mates shoot and would really like to get involved in a little more of the sporting side. If anyone knows of anyone at Morton or a club within 20 mins of Livingston give me a shout please

Ideally Saturday mornings but could do either a Saturday or sunday. I'm up at Morton mist Saturday mornings and tend to try and to join someone else for a round of Skeet however would be good to meet up with some like minded people and have some decent banter over a few sporting layouts.

Funny, I was going to suggest dropping you a pm.

Kind of you to think of me :)

Wazza, every Sunday Falkirk & District sporting clays run a 60 bird sporting that is hugely popular so definitely worth getting yourself along to that if you can. It starts at 12/12:30 and is probably the cheapest sporting that you will find.

Hopefully a little later this year I will be able to let you know about an alternative option in your part of the world.

Despite my recommendation I have never actually managed to get myself along to Falkirk yet, although I know a lot of people that shoot there. I really must get along this year.

Search for the member Tam on here and he will give you more details.

The address is:

Address: Cross Crows, Boxton Road East

Directions: M9 J4. Take A801 for Bathgate up hill to Bowhouse roundabout, B825 for Caldercruix, 1st right.

Alright mate, thanks for the heads up about that 60 bird sporting every sunday, didn't even know that club existed but it sounds top notch. I'll def drop Tam a message as I'm keen for that next again Sunday.

I look forward to hearing about this alternative option as well, sounds interesting.

Thanks once again for your help mate, appreciate it.

No worries, happy to help where I can. Every Sunday is busy at Falkirk and the targets can be a bit handy.

Now it's nearly competition season again I will be shooting registered comp's most weekends so not a lot of opportunity to tie up with you for more casual shooting otherwise I would.

A date for your diary is Sunday 26th February when Hopetoun Clays will be holding the last of the 50 bird Sportrap winter series competition. That event will very likely take place in West Philpstoun bing so again not far away from you.

This will kick off around 10am and shoot through to 16:00 or so. If you come along to that say hello to me, I will be the ref on one of the layouts.

Starting in April Hopetoun Clays will also be running the summer sportrap series every 2nd Tuesday evening where there will be two 25 bird layouts, one geared up for more novice/improver shots and the other one setup a bit more challenging. All are welcome to shoot both layouts as many times as you like.

These are really good nights with good people and a real mix of abilities from guys who have scored in the top 10 in world champ's to folks who have just started. Lots to learn from.

Also good to meet new people and find guys to shoot with, loads from around about your part of the world.

Cheers

Graham

Hi Graham,

Thanks once again for all of these suggestions mate, you have been a massive help.

I will put a holiday request in with the boss (the wife) and will see if I am free next Sunday 26th, It would be nice to put a name to a face. Is this a closed competition or are newbies allowed to participate? If so is it just a case of turning up on the day? and meet some of the guys.

The Tuesday evening shoot sounds brilliant and would be an ideal place to meet other shooters within the central belt and learn from the masters :)

Cheers,

Warren

Anybody can rock up to the Hopetoun shoot and join in. As it is a sport trap format you pay the entry fee and your name will be added into a squad of 5 and you will shoot both layouts, 50 targets. You can re-enter again if you wish. There will be plenty people there and a chance to blether to the other shooters, there are a number of guys who come on their own and a number who shoot with friends.

I will be refereeing on the 26th and if it is like the last few events it will be busy, so I wont have a huge chance to chat, but will certainly be able to say hello and probably introduce you to a couple of folk that shoot at Falkirk too.

Very similar approach on the Tuesday evenings with everybody welcome, but on the Tuesday's we shoot each layout independently so you can have 25 targets or 150, the choice is yours.

Alright Graham,

Nice one mate having a look now, should be able to make it Sunday so will definitely make sure I introduce myself, you should be able to find me, I'll be the one missing all the clays haha

Hah there will be plenty folks missing the clays Warren so you will be in good company.

Fingers crossed that the weather is kind for us, but might be sensible to have welly boots with you just in case.

Look forward to saying hello if you get along.