1st time reloaded the 223

Have a search on here, I've asked the question along with a couple of other people. My set up cost about £50. I got a lee hand loader and a set of lee beam scales. Loaded 20 up just need to get out with them now!

Hornady superformance in 53g cost me £22 for 20, home loaded about 40p a round

Edited by Hendrix's rifle

As above. "...the only for hunting." should never discount accuracy, as shooting a living thing demands it. You get more control using something like a Breach lock press, FL & seating dies plus accurate scales and a case trimmer. You can get great accuracy from a Lee Loader though as some fantastic groups have been shot using this loader. If you buy PPU and re-use half a dozen times, you should get rounds loaded for half factory price. I reload .223 60g V-max for around 45p each, but use Lapua brass and anneal so get loads of firings from those. Even my .223 PPU, annealed, get over a dozen reloads. If you shoot a lot, a more sophisticated set up, whith items bought as and when you see them and can afford them pay for themselves eventually. Having fired about 1200 rounds in the past year, my set up has largely paid for itself already.

I've done 18months hitting cases with a hammer and treated myself to a press just after Xmas but haven't set it up yet not that it needs a lot of setting up bar a few bolts to screw it to the bench. A lee auto prime was a few quid well spent as well! But just starting out in case you lose interest the lee loader is unbeatable value for money. I think I've still spend sub £150 on al the bits I've got. Once you start though it's addictive and you see all sorts of things you desperately need!

Look out for second hand on shooting forums. I bought a Lee classic press,rcbs beam scale and a new set of diesel all pretty cheap then added extras as I went along powder trickler hand primer etc.the results have been excellent.started of with ppu brass but be careful it can become addictive.

You really have to look at the bigger picture when it comes to reloading. Time soon flies by and you will probably add more calibres to your cabinet which will only cost the price of the die set. I have recovered the cost of my set up many times over, reloading for three different calibres now. By keeping the components for 300 rnds or more I never have to worry about supply issues plus reloading is a hobby in itself.

ok thanks guy ill keep an eye out second hand stuff on the forums.

any would anyone like to pm list of the basic stuff i need to get my up and running?

oxford reloading Solutions is about 12 miles away from me maybe worth having look in there

Edited by ant.mass