What bino's

gerron

Just check the reviews on Hawke's Frontier ED range (and the other higher end Hawke bins), very much comparable in performance to some of the higher end 'premium' optics. I have a set, they're perfect for my needs and I won't drop a #### if they get knocked about.

http://www.bestbinocularsreviews.com/Hawke8x43FrontierED-117.htm

Edited by mick miller

Just check the reviews on Hawke's Frontier ED range (and the other higher end Hawke bins), very much comparable in performance to some of the higher end 'premium' optics. I have a set, they're perfect for my needs and I won't drop a #### if they get knocked about.

http://www.bestbinocularsreviews.com/Hawke8x43FrontierED-117.htm

Agreed. Personally, I don't think you can get better for the price. We all chipped in and bought my mum some for her christmas present and she was made up with them. They're not QUITE up to my Leicas, but they're superb nonetheless. It does all come down to what you'll need them for. If you're looking for a serious bird watching pair, that will be used in low light and poor light conditions, then it's worth spending a bit more. If you just need to find targets to shoot at, then you can compromise a lot. If you're looking through people's windows, well that's a whole different ball game. Get a scope ;)

• 2 months later...

hello, it is worth noting that lidl sold some german made binos about £12 with a good warranty 10x 50s ideal to keep in the motor, i bought 5 pairs and 4 are used by tvp countrywatch team, just waiting for lidl to sell again. for general use i have a few pairs of 10x25s pocket binos, okay in daylight, my best pair i bought many years ago are made in japan 10x42 called PYSER SG1 EAGLE fog/waterproof/light weight i do not know anything about this make or if they are still manufactered. cheers

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

hello, it is worth noting that lidl sold some german made binos about £12 with a good warranty 10x 50s ideal to keep in the motor, i bought 5 pairs and 4 are used by tvp countrywatch team, just waiting for lidl to sell again. for general use i have a few pairs of 10x25s pocket binos, okay in daylight, my best pair i bought many years ago are made in japan 10x42 called PYSER SG1 EAGLE fog/waterproof i do not know anything about this make or if they are still manufactered. cheers

hello, just looked on google and you can still buy them so another one to think about for quality and good glass

+1 for vortex. I bought a pair of Vortex Talon 10x42 in America two years ago and am very pleased with them. I compared them directly with all the other 10 x42 s slightly cheaper and slightly more expensive and thought they were far better than the cheaper and as good as the dearer binoculars.I bought mine in bass pro ,10x42s seemed to be more popular than the 8x42s over there

I've got a pair of Delta Optical Forest II 10x42. Excellent quality, very clear and good in low light conditions. Made in Poland. 120 pounds new. https://opticswarehouse.co.uk/product/delta-optical-forest-ii-10x42-binoculars/. I first thought about Vortex Viper and Leupold Mojave BX-3, but I was advised that these are actually only a few % better. Last weekend I was on Dartmoor with a friend who likes his brands, he has Carl Zeiss Terra ED 8x32. 300 pounds, designed by the well respected German company but made in China. Not that it should matter, but... They felt a bit cheap tbh, and more importantly, the image quality was clearly lower than that of my Polish job. Ok, the "Zeiss"is a x32, but that shouldn't matter for the clarity and definition. It made clear to me that more expensive is not always better. Unless you're talking about the proper expensive Leica/Zeiss/Swarovski's. Anyway, this is my opinion/advice :good:

post-60018-0-39192800-1494449518_thumb.png