Flapping orrible

deny essex

Used my new pro flaps yesterday with a view to replacing my shot, shredded,squashed and glue ridden 10 year old hypa flaps.

Took them out of a protective holdall and removed the plastic bag from the decoy , the wings had got a little creased with transportation but not too terrible.

After what seemed an age fiddling with the half a mtr or so of eye poking wire passing through the wings and body with the central coil catching every wing loop, and with chilled, aged fingers I didnt have the will to do another for rotary mounting so bouncer/floater mounted it.

Set it up in a respectable wind for the day and tickle adjusted the wings as per their assembly and set up video,

I was not impressed with the wing movement from the offset and fiddled again with them, sat back in the hide and still not overly impressed with its movement, add to that the sunlight on the wings making them shine like silver paper my initial impression was not good.

So I set a hypa flap up also on a bouncer as a comparison ( my shot up, squashed and abused 10 year old hypa flaps should really have been binned long ago)

From the offset the hypa flap out flapped the pro flap without any shine or re setting needed.

The pro flap did look more like a pigeon to this shooters eyes over the hypa flap with its flock coated half shell body, and no doubt on a dull day the wings will not shine as much as they did in yesterdays sunlight.

But for me I think I will purchase some more hypa's.

Edited by deny essex

Hi Den,

I also had these, wasn't overly impressed with them although they did pull a few pigeons in... but for me not really robust enough.(the body is ok although I snapped the eyes of the bottom.. the wings on the other hand..)

I get good results with the air pro's I had heard mixed reviews ... but for me they have worked well and no fiddling trying to straighten paper wings.. just change the turn bolts to stop the plastic spinning..

nothing beats a fresh bird :-)

see you soon

Terry

Edited by Terry2016

Hi Terry , you know me I like the challenge of trying to get pigeon to decoy well with artificial decoys, tweaking and making kit :)

I know reals the better deal and will add or replace if I feel its needed on the day ;)

Catch up with you soon mate .

Den

Edited by deny essex