The Messiah is Born.

bruno22rf

Well the long awaited shock news from Daystate is finally here and haven't they done well to keep such a radical redesign quiet. With Giles Barry now seemingly firmly in bed with Daystate who better to reveal at the British Shooting Show that the new £1500 Griffin will no longer be Black and Silver...no Sir...the new "must have" from Daystate is now......................wait for it.....................Silver and Black. Who could have imagined such a crutch wrenching total deviation eh?? I apologise to those that love em but come on, you couldn't make it up.

Edited by bruno22rf

My issue with Daystate is not only the price Maxwell and it's certainly not jealousy - I could buy one if I wanted and not even need to think about the price (and I apologise if that sounds a little crass).

Aye, indeed. There's something of the Old Etonians about them, as if those of us who own other air guns are altogether inferior. It's such a smug, clandestine world full of Limited Editions and baseball caps. Serial numbers are bragging rights and the grain of your stock is your badge of honour.

I've done the daystate scene and now that I'm out, I feel cleansed :)

I have a Daystate Huntsman Classic with a lovely walnut stock. Not a fan of the newer stuff from any of the big makers Weirauch Air Arms or Daystate. If I was looking at another rifle a well sorted BSA R10 would probably be my choice.

Daystate have lost the plot with £1500.00 rifles most air rifle shooters struggle with £500.00 to £600.00 on a new rifle.

At one point I had 3 Daystates (Air Ranger, MK4 & Huntsman Classic) and only the Huntsman now but I think I will sell that to.

My MK4 was real nice but I wouldn't buy a new Daystate now and also cant get my head around the ever increasing hype about them. They are not what they used to be and frankly all the LE`s every 6 month are just embarrassing. If you want that airgun status of something a bit special now then IMO your talking about a Ripley AR.

:good:

I Got paired with a Plonker on a HFT shoot with an Electronic Daystate thingy, and he started taking the mickey out of my Mk2 Rapid which is very well sorted calling it things like Cambridgeshire AK47 and bloody old tractor etc etc, but you can imagine how i responded

when his superfandango electronic Day****e packed up halfway with some circuit board problem which cost him about £350 to repair. Electronics in a Gun what a load of ****.

Got 4 Rapids and would not swap them for anything out there at the moment. i have other rifles as well, but i'm afraid Daystate would be the very bottom of my list to purchase and lets face it as soon as the patent expired on the Rapids every other Gun maker copied it

so why have a copy when you can have the original.

Kev1gun

I have a Daystate Huntsman Classic with a lovely walnut stock. Not a fan of the newer stuff from any of the big makers Weirauch Air Arms or Daystate. If I was looking at another rifle a well sorted BSA R10 would probably be my choice.

Daystate have lost the plot with £1500.00 rifles most air rifle shooters struggle with £500.00 to £600.00 on a new rifle.

A fair point indeed Figgy, if I was spending that money it would be on a custom barrelled CF in a nice stock

I Got paired with a Plonker on a HFT shoot with an Electronic Daystate thingy, and he started taking the mickey out of my Mk2 Rapid which is very well sorted calling it things like Cambridgeshire AK47 and bloody old tractor etc etc, but you can imagine how i responded

when his superfandango electronic Day****e packed up halfway with some circuit board problem which cost him about £350 to repair. Electronics in a Gun what a load of ****.

Got 4 Rapids and would not swap them for anything out there at the moment. i have other rifles as well, but i'm afraid Daystate would be the very bottom of my list to purchase and lets face it as soon as the patent expired on the Rapids every other Gun maker copied it

so why have a copy when you can have the original.

Kev1gun

Totally agree on the rapid, I have had several Mk2's in 12 and FAC, great guns, I have an old Mk3 Daystate with electronics which are so useful as I dial it down for rats in the barn and back up to full power for rabbits and feather.

Wish Air Armscwould make something very nice as not many English made and owned Manufacturers left.

It's really weird isn't it that all kinds of other developed economies can make and sell their products easily enough, but we have such a lack of manufacturing in this and many other areas of perfectly ordinary engineering. What happened to this counrty?

AA make the S510 ultimate sporter which I think is stunning?

Have a look at the faults with the internal plastic parts creeping under pressure and ruining the power until replacing it with the same useless parts. Something to do with the constant pressure it's under malformed the face of it.

There should be no issues after the first few have been tested and stripped and checked. I nearly bought a S510 Ultimate .177 instead of the Daystate Huntsman.

What I really do not like on Daystate rifles and others is this cheap Matt black finish that they put on them. What ever happened to nice deep blueing. My Wolverine has it and it looks like its been sprayed with an aerosol can, it marks easily as well.

Now I like this as I found AirArms bluing to be rubbish, I prefer the matt black and it doesn't mark when you get blood on it !

ATB

Matt

The only daystate I'd ever look at would be the huntsman classic, they got the design right with that one. The others I'm happy to leave!

Later in the year am giving up my FAC all together and will be selling my FAC Huntsman with a fantastic stock on it !

ATB

Matt

The finish on my S410 is as good as new despite being treated to regular blood splashes (often my own....I tend to bleed a lot due to medical reasons that I wont bore you with) and she's got to be 8-9 years old - finish is so good that I can see my face in the cylinder (which is not good cos I is well ugly) so maybe you just got a bad one Matt?