Allowed

You cannot sell rounds you make. If you do and something happens you'll wish you hadn't. I guess, provided they hold all the components and bring everything with them and when they're finished they take everything away again it would be acceptable.

No money should change hands and they should be of the understanding that the use of them is entirely at their own risk.

Edited by mick miller

you need the calibre of the bullets your in possession of, thus the ones your reloading, A chap locally got in big trouble as he had bullets not on his ticket, given by a mate to reload, he lost his license, I'm not sure if how it was that the police were inspecting his bullets or how it came about but it was a whole lot of trouble for the chap. But as said in previous posts maybe if the person your reloading for is with you and he has them on his ticket, question is, who is in possession while your reloading.

Edited by Redgum

you need the calibre of the bullets your in possession of, thus the ones your reloading, A chap locally got in big trouble as he had bullets not on his ticket, given by a mate to reload, he lost his license, I'm not sure if how it was that the police were inspecting his bullets or how it came about but it was a whole lot of trouble for the chap. But as said in previous posts maybe if the person your reloading for is with you and he has them on his ticket, question is, who is in possession while your reloading.

Can I just clarify something here ,if you are in possession of the 'bullet ' ie the bullet 'head' and you are not licensed for that calibre,that is an offence ?

Obviously the case doesnt apply,or the powder and primers ect, and obviously if you have a completed, reloaded bullet in a calibre you are not licensed for ,that would be an offence.

So is it the bullet that makes it illegal ,or the assembly?

Can I just clarify something here ,if you are in possession of the 'bullet ' ie the bullet 'head' and you are not licensed for that calibre,that is an offence ?

Obviously the case doesnt apply,or the powder and primers ect, and obviously if you have a completed, reloaded bullet in a calibre you are not licensed for ,that would be an offence.

So is it the bullet that makes it illegal ,or the assembly?

home office guidance -

‘Ammunition’ means ammunition for any firearm and includes grenades, bombs and other like missiles, whether capable of use with a firearm or not; and also includes prohibited ammunition.

It should be noted that the definition of ammunition does not include ingredients and components of ammunition; it is only assembled ammunition that is controlled under the Act, not component parts. Empty cartridge cases, for example, are not ‘ammunition’

so -

post-72278-0-31236700-1487777552_thumb.jpg

home office guidance -

‘Ammunition’ means ammunition for any firearm and includes grenades, bombs and other like missiles, whether capable of use with a firearm or not; and also includes prohibited ammunition.

It should be noted that the definition of ammunition does not include ingredients and components of ammunition; it is only assembled ammunition that is controlled under the Act, not component parts. Empty cartridge cases, for example, are not ‘ammunition’

so -

WRONG.

Walk into your local RFD and try and buy a Calibre Projectile you don't have on your face !!!!!

Unless they are Target/Match or non expanding Projectiles . Rewulf and replys above are correct and legal.

WRONG.

Walk into your local RFD and try and buy a Calibre Projectile you don't have on your face !!!!!

Unless they are Target/Match or non expanding Projectiles . Rewulf and replys above are correct and legal.

Look again!!

I copied direct from the home office guidance

The OP was talking about calibre not S5 expanding which is still prohibited without a seperate auth on your ticket

WRONG.

So an RFD will not sell you bullets that are not on your ticket,that sounds quite reasonable.

Section 5 ammo aside though,possession of the odd bullet 'head' shouldnt be an offence surely?

Im sure you could buy NATO 7.62 inert cartridge belts for fashion purposes,complete with FMJ bullet attached.

Ive seen so many inert projectiles on desks and mantelpieces ,from .303 to 105mm ,surely they cant all be licensed ?

So an RFD will not sell you bullets that are not on your ticket,that sounds quite reasonable.

Section 5 ammo aside though,possession of the odd bullet 'head' shouldnt be an offence surely?

Im sure you could buy NATO 7.62 inert cartridge belts for fashion purposes,complete with FMJ bullet attached.

Ive seen so many inert projectiles on desks and mantelpieces ,from .303 to 105mm ,surely they cant all be licensed ?

If you read my reply is stated " Unless target match or non expanding Projectiles.

So we are saying the same thing.

I know longer have a. 25-06 or .300 Win-Mag on my fac IF

i had 1 of each in expanding Projectiles I'd be breaking the law.

If my mate dropped all components off and i loaded them wrong breaking the law.

Now the .257 Projectile is non expanding fine now law broken But i now load them wrong I've broken the law.

Home loaded ammunition it is against the law to sell unless it's been tested eg like the Custom loading companies.

Hi

Thought there was a rule that stated until the case is primed

It then counted as part of your ammunition allowance

Anyway all food for thoughts

I reload for 222. .224 heads on my ticket no problem if however I clear up the range and bring home all the empty cases (scrap) and there are 22.250 cases among them I could potentially be the wrong side of the rules

Same heads but not a caliber I'm permitted as the same heads would work in most 22cf cases

Just a thought

All the best

Of

@rewulf there is no such thing as a bullet 'head', it's just a bullet. The complete assembly is a cartridge or round.

The 'head' of a cartridge is the other end. You don't need to add the word 'head', when you say bullet, everyone with half a brain knows to which part of a cartridge you refer.

This common, unnecessary and UK specific error needs to be stamped out.

Edited by mick miller

@rewulf there is no such thing as a bullet 'head', it's just a bullet. The complete assembly is a cartridge or round.

The 'head' of a cartridge is the other end. You don't need to add the word 'head', when you say bullet, everyone with half a brain knows to which part of a cartridge you refer.

This common, unnecessary and UK specific error needs to be stamped out.

Dont want to start an argument here.

I am well aware of the different terms of parts of a cartridge :rolleyes:

I used the term 'head' in commas ,just in case there was any confusion about what I was referring to.

You would be surprised to know how many people there are out there with 'half a brain'