I Hate Air Springs

pigeon controller

Tuesday morning me and the wife packed thirty sacks ( forty birds per sack) in to the Disco. The car was on its bump stops so I raised the back end by inflating the air springs and went into the house for a coffee before the drive to the game dealer. BANG !!!!! all the neibours out looking, Disco on its knees. So fifteen bags into the wifes car and two trips to the dealer. After that fitted a new spring and went to inflate it, will not inflate, checked with Mr Google, I had the drivers door open when I was trying it , shut the door good as new.

B69CDF0F-7312-4378-995A-91F313BA63F1_zps

Get them changed to the springs,,But you need to TURN OFF In Menu or it will throw FAULTS..

Pain in the backside,comppresor will go as well,, change them PC.

I believe if you have a 7 seater it will invalidate your insurance if you change to springs, but I also heard that there is a landrover special spring to do this, you must at least tell your insurance company , as you know how much they like to pay out!!!

I've got air on mine and it does ride lovely especially when towing the caravan, but the cost of the pipes scares the living day lights out of me

Got them on the 1996 p38 and love them. When you leave the door open the compressor constantly runs and fills the receiver,it sounds like when you shut the door the solenoids operated and filled the airbag.If your compressor goes don't worry it's £12 for a new seal ring kit. I can't understand why people opt for springs.

Had three Range Rover Classics and now run a LR90 and all of these were working tools and never had a spring break ever. Only believe I have replaced four rear shockers in over 30yrs and believe me my rear shockers have to work over time. All poly bushed and again never had a single one 'squeek'. In fact due to have a galvanised chassis fitted and don't think I will have new bushes fitted, not required after eight years hard use. But have heard so many stories about air bags and if they are the be all and end all then why are companies offering spring conversions? ?????

Because it's cheaper and they make money !!!??!!

Lorries etc all run air springs

actually there not cheeper.. there about the same price or more for a good spring .yes you can get the cheepo ones that you will have to change more often and will ground out if you load the back up.. the main reason people chainging the bags to springs is miss selling by aftermarket parts makers .

i have just chainged the old air bags on my d2 for new ones. the ones that was on was the origanals from new in 02 .i have had coil springs that have failed in less than 2 years .coils loose there memory and get compressed shorter over time so needing them to be changed air bags just need a little air putting in via the compressor so you will have no back end sag over time.

you pay to have old tec put on your truck (coil springs) and pay to have a exspensive set of second hand parts taken off you truck eg the pump and the sls ecu which then gets sold to somone else.for ££££££££ :hmm::hmm::hmm:

Edited by fruitloop