Slug Load - Vectan AS

Hello,

I've been reloading centrefire for years but never reloaded shotshell so wandering if anyone can help me out.

I bought a press and a load of reloading consumables from Clay and Game ages ago with a view to reloading shot but never got round to it. I shoot target/practical more than clay nowadays and as slugs are so expensive i've decided to cast my shot into slug. So now I have a load of 525gn Sabot slugs and the following consumables:

Gamebore Velocity plus hulls
Cheddite 209 and Remington STS Primers
Gualandi V-Zero VO25 and VO23 wads
Vectan AS powder
I'm hoping to make a slug load out of the above but from what I've read about reloading shotshell/slugs the margin for error is very small. Space wise I can get a good fit with the Gamebore Hull, VZero Wad and 525gn slug with enough left for a star crimp. It also chambers as normal so no stiffness or extra width from the wad petals. Question is can I make a load up with the Vectan AS and primers for slug?
Has anybody reloaded slug with Vectan AS and these wads/hulls?
Thanks,
Grizzly
Edited by grizzlylar

Handy timing!!

Was chatting today about slugs, seen Folkestone does them but seem to have the wads built under them. How does it stand regards FAC with slugs? I thought you needed a FAC tickets to buy them or use them?

Most of the shop bought ones seem to have shorter cases so there's no fold over on the top, just a lip to hold the slug.

Interested to hear how it all works.

Sorry I'm of no use to the guy who posted tho! 😂😂