Can't have a lie-in in bed

fortune

Years ago when we had kids at home we would have liked to have a lie in of a weekend but we had to get up and get on but now we could have a nice peaceful lie in neither of us can. Firstly both of us feel that we have to get up for the toilet and it just feels do uncomfortable to lie in the bed. Not because the bed is old or uncomfortable. We have both been in it all night with no problems of sleeping but now every point of contact soon becomes very uncomfortable to the point of being painful. So no lie in. Anyone know why?

Years ago when we had kids at home we would have liked to have a lie in of a weekend but we had to get up and get on but now we could have a nice peaceful lie in neither of us can. Firstly both of us feel that we have to get up for the toilet and it just feels do uncomfortable to lie in the bed. Not because the bed is old or uncomfortable. We have both been in it all night with no problems of sleeping but now every point of contact soon becomes very uncomfortable to the point of being painful. So no lie in. Anyone know why?

Your getting older

I've never been able to stay in bed even on holiday I'm 50 and been like this ever since I got out off the forces at 22 , up every day at 5.30 even went to work at 3.45 last Tuesday

Your getting older

I've never been able to stay in bed even on holiday I'm 50 and been like this ever since I got out off the forces at 22 , up every day at 5.30 even went to work at 3.45 last Tuesday

Although there are a lot of things I'd like to change about myself, being a morning person is one.

I love the idea of getting up early without it making me feel physically ill, and feeling vacant all day.

It puts me off early morning shooting among many other things.

Edited by kyska

Since getting older, and falling into a bit of a depression due to not currently employed,

I struggle to get to bed much before 1am as if I do, I can't get to sleep,

Then come the morning I might wake up around 7- 8am needing the toilet (must be my age) but can't motivate meself to actually get my bottom into gear and get out of bed until 10.30 - 11.00

Recently I was speaking with a bloke and he said that he had been out with the dogs at 6 am and that it was –6c and another day we went off on a course at 4am and a bloke was walking two spaniels and it was thrashing it down like stair rods. Now I don’t see the necessity to be wandering around with dogs in the pitch black and –6c or getting the dogs and the person soaked to the skin for no good reason. That to me seems odd random behaviour.

Nearly everyone that has replied to this thread are people that like getting up early and can’t or don’t want to have a lie in. Neither of us have ever been early morning birds. That’s why the kids used to come in and jump up and down on the bed and just be a pain. (Literally sometimes). We would be doing other things or just reading. We, and me in particular have been more night owls. This came into its own when out night shooting. I had no difficulty being out to two in the early hours. Getting into bed at three and up at seven. I never and still don’t have a problem with it and don’t feel tired or fatigued during the day. If necessary I can get up early and get out if I have to go somewhere like a four hour journey to some technical training thing but normally we get up at seven. No probs with that and off to work but we have done our time with kids and houses ect, We’ve Climbed out mountain and we would like to stand at the top and watch the view.

Well the bed isn’t old or uncomfortable so that is out. We can get up and use the facility, but it is after that, that the problem starts. If either or both of us feel like just having a lie in and reading something or being on here on the pad it becomes really uncomfortable and it isn’t long before we get fidgety and have to get up because it just becomes painful to lie there. Many turns and readjustments happen and then >> It’s no good, just got to get up.

SO WHY? We used to be ok. I feel the happiest from about 9pm through to about 2 am. A woman friend of mine ( damn good shot and Gambler) wants to be in bed by 8pm and up at 4am is either more odd than the other. Perhaps we should go back to going to bed when it gets dark and up when it gets light.

Since I stopped shooting (lamping foxes) I've had the best yrs sleep ever.Bed most nights for me is 10/11pm and I get up at 6am to get the wife's car out and see her off to work @ 7.15am.I will have Ben off to school @ 8.00 and then jump in the car (pre loaded)to go fishing.I only work on a Thursday for 6hrs so fish all week in the summer.In the winter I will go out on the bike or do a spot of birdwatching.On the odd weekend we will have a good sleep in.For example today I got up at 8am done breakfast for us and we had that in bed.Quick read up on PW and dozed off.We eventually dragged our buts out of bed at 11.45 ish. Don't make a habit of it but make the most of it when we do.When I was shooting through the night and fishing through the day my sleeping (3/4hrsmax) was all over the place.My 1 day at work felt like 37hrs.Now I sleep solid till the alarm goes at 6am.

I don't lie-in, I like to get cracking, did all that as a kid, I have recently lost 16lb in weight and am not as tired, I am not a great sleeper, no problem going off, just wake early, I often have a kip in the afternoon, I can manage it in a car sitting upright very easily, I feel terrible if I waste too much time, especially in the spring and summer, I often look knackered if I go out at night after a long day and early start, and I am conscious of it, so tend to watch the tv or computer at home or read.

I have a good daytime focus at the moment, I bought an old sports car last year, and its been an education fixing it up, learning about it, and cruising about in it. cant wait for the sun.

I have never been able to get up in the mornings for work or even the weekends,wife would go mad cause we couldnt go anywhere till lunch time,was late for work loads,now self employed i start at nine and finish at four.

If not woken i would awake about 11am after going to bed at 10.30.

Mornings should just be cancelled.

I have never been able to get up in the mornings for work or even the weekends,wife would go mad cause we couldnt go anywhere till lunch time,was late for work loads,now self employed i start at nine and finish at four.

Me too. Once out of bed I can stay awake for 2 days no problem. but when I do go to sleep even for 12 hours it takes some effort to move.

To me getting up early was for the geriatics who want to avoid forming a rainbow over the bed and want to show off that, even though they have nothing else to do all day they can sit in the rush hour traffic causing even more congestion on the roads, just to fill their day up and amuse themselves.

Edited by Paul1440

I'm the same, no matter when I go to bed I naturally wake about 9am, it's a nightmare because I have to be up and about early, hate it

I'm a confirmed night owl. I can get up early if I have to, but by preference I'm rarely awake before 10am. If I can get into a routine I don't have a problem getting up early, although I have to get up a couple of hours before I need to leave to feel normal. But give me a few days off from that routine and I naturally fall into a late night rhythm. Handy when you work nights but a bitch when you have to follow a "normal" schedule.

As far as working goes it's a deviation from "the norm" although I'm guessing around a third of the populace feel the same, with another third loving mornings and the final third somewhere inbetween.