So how did you pop the question?

iano

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went for a romantic walk along the cliffs in Cornwall, with a bottle of champers hidden in my bag. Planned to watch the sunset but then realised we were on the wrong coast!! So proposed any way and then sat on the beach and watched a very very pretty moonrise instead

Edited by kennett

Surprised her at Christmas Day,

Made out I had paid for an activity somewhere and took her to Rutland water to the church she wanted to get married at.

Then surprised her with a Christmas Day lunch and a night in the hotel room at the venue she what'd to go back to after the church!

One of the best days of my life

I'd bought the ring weeks before, never found the opportunity, I just randomly asked after a night out, lying in bed what would you say if I asked you to marry me?

She said she'd jump feet first, so I ran off and got the hidden ring.

It was a good night, she went like a train.

I walked in to a club with my then (fairly long term) girl friend on my left arm.

Saw a girl dancing in a spotlight on the stage at the far end of the club, turned to a mate who was standing to my right and said "thats the girl I'm going to marry".

He laughed, the girl in the spotlight laughed when I suggested it to her two days later and after 43 years married (this July) it's by far the best thing I ever did.

She still wears the best Levi 501's I've ever seen on any woman (and no, the eyesight ain't failing yet!) and, to this day, I still don't know how original girlfriend got home that night.

And they all said it wouldn't last. Ha!

i was been rehabbed by her after coming out of the army...we were on norwich market monday morning ...i was eating some shrimps...and she said "are you doing any shooting this saturday..." i said "no "........"good " she say...."cause ive booked the registry office for 11 oclock"....then down to the ironmongers in the evening for food"

rest is history............................lifes a bitch aint it