Application enquiry

Newbie to this

Hi,

I have a friend who is thinking of ringing the firearms enquiry team to see how his FAC application is doing. He applied about 2 months ago, and because his SGC didn't take as long (he had it for about 2 years) he wants to find out what is happening.

I've advised him to be patient, because I can only think that an FEO would wonder why he is in such a rush to get a firearm.

What is everyone's opinions on this and has anyone had experience of it first hand?

This post has been done to death waiting times vary with each area i sent my FAC app in 8 months ago to west mercia and havn't heard a dickie bird.Dropped them a email last weekend that i had acquired and fitted a additional 5 gun cabinet and had a letter from them wednesday morning asking me to fill a form in as mine and their details were in conflict soon got onto that one didn't they :no::hmm:

Edited by popa bear

So what would be an acceptable waiting time before contacting them?

There website say normal turn around time is 6-8 weeks from receiving the application. I think they cashed his cheque on the 9th of Jan but the recorded delivery was 21st of Dec obviously taking in the Christmas holiday.

I don't get the worry. This is a service that you are paying for to enable you go about lawful business - its not a favour.

The 9th of Jan was 6 weeks ago. So anytime now would be perfectly acceptable to enquire how the application is progressing.