Anyone know what this comb raiser stock cover thing is?

Wingman

Morning All, hope we're all ok on this wet Tuesday.

I was perusing Guntrader as usual looking for interesting bits that might be of use, and noticed this Perazzi stock with what looks like some form of comb raiser or cheek protector. I am looking for something just like this for my sons 20 bore I dont want to add any height but just to protect his cheek while he is learning to mount properly.

Any ideas?

post-76330-0-30307000-1487669229_thumb.jpg

The problem with the majority of adhesive comb raisers is they're the same thickness all over consequently lessening any cast the stock has. In essence your son may not be able to see centrally along the rib without contorting himself to achieve that. Dave Izzard sells under, his Isis brand, comb raisers that are contoured which lessens the effect of extra thickness at the side of the stock.

Maybe worthwhile getting your son seen by an experienced instructor to see if other tweaks could be made to the stock to prevent him getting whacked.

The one in the pic, is an inletted neoprene piece, which the factory did to order.

Hmm, not so sure it is. My wife had one inletted in her customer made stock in the 90's and the neoprene was a lot smaller than that. That looks more like a thin Cheek Eze.