Low Life

steve_b_wales

Some on here might recall when I mentioned last year, about someone stealing a resin statue of my late son's dog 'Cas' from under his bench in the cemetery. Next to the bench is a small tree that was purchased, along with the bench, with money raised by his school. Every year that I go abroad on holidays, I always bring back a keyring and attach it to the tree. Over the years, there are now many on the tree, plus other items that family members have added. I went up the cemetery the other day to place flowers, as it was his 28th birthday. I always check the bench and tree, and this time, found to my disgust, that someone had stolen quite a few of the keyrings, mainly the ones from Egypt. They had not fallen to the ground as they were attached with cable ties. These had been cut and removed.

What is it with these total scumbags, who have stooped so low as to steal items etc from cemeteries. I've reported it to the council and cemetery officials, but they didn't seem that interested. According to local people, there are always loads of teenagers walking around the cemetery grounds. Most of them probably have good reason to be there. I only wish I could meet up with the person/s responsible for doing this, so that I could point out to them the error of their ways.

Blame the parents! and society in general.......these feral yobs have not learned (been taught) respect, there is no effective deterrent they are allowed to roam the streets vandalising property and creating mayhem, without fear of accountability................what do we expect?

What the heck is wrong with society today!

Steve are the local media aware of this, have there been other sensitive and antisocial incidents there?

I Would hope getting this dispicable act out there in the community may highlight awareness of how wrong it is and it's far reaching effects. If it makes one person question there own actions it would be worth it.

I feel for your loss Steve.

atb

7diaw

What the heck is wrong with society today!

Steve are the local media aware of this, have there been other sensitive and antisocial incidents there?

I Would hope getting this dispicable act out there in the community may highlight awareness of how wrong it is and it's far reaching effects. If it makes one person question there own actions it would be worth it.

I feel for your loss Steve.

atb

7diaw

It's been reported to the council and mentioned to the cemetery officials. Also, it's been mentioned on our local page on Facebook. A lot of the local people are are as disgusted as myself and the members on here. I'll ask other members of my family what they think about mentioning it to the local newspaper.

They might only be key rings, but they mean something to you and family / friends.

They will have little value or re-sale value to the scrotes who steal them. It is truly pathetic. I am at a loss as to understand just what pleasure or gain there is for these sick minded individuals.

Edited by Gordon R

As annoying and upsetting as it is steve , they were just trinkets. The important things are in your heart and your mind , theyre yours forever and nobody can ever take them away from you mate.

One day , the uncaring idiots that have stolen the keyrings , will understand your pain.

there is one word you constantly hear from some of the younger generation ...and that is "RESPECT"..they dont know the meaning of the word....................respect is something that is "instilled" into children lads lassies at a young age...........unfortunatly the court of human rights....forbids.....correction/instruction/dicipline.....of the type we recieved ....so there are children growing/grown up now....who have no understanding of the difference between right and wrong..........

more and more we hear of ...vandalism of church yards.....churches.....war memorials ....the list goes on.....

im sorry to hear what has happened to you....i can only imagine how you must feel................

I'm sorry to hear this but it seams that it is very common, my sisters grave constantly had things taken from it flowers, trinkets, photos etc she died when she was 15.

The most regular culprits were not kids they were 40+ both men and women. One old boy in his 60s was taking the things off the grave and throwing them in a nearby stream. He didn't like the trinkets as it spoilt the look of the graveyard.

We don't put things on her grave very regularly now.

its a dirty way to behave, to touch sacred items, i think it has gone on since the beginning of time, its not new, and its not necessarily youngsters.

But yes, there is a massive lack of respect nowadays, i constantly see the remnants of mcdonalds bags, lobbed out of car windows,filth strewn everywhere.

its not always the governments fault you know, the public in general are scum.

there is one word you constantly hear from some of the younger generation ...and that is "RESPECT"..they dont know the meaning of the word....................respect is something that is "instilled" into children lads lassies at a young age...........unfortunatly the court of human rights....forbids.....correction/instruction/dicipline.....of the type we recieved ....so there are children growing/grown up now....who have no understanding of the difference between right and wrong..........

more and more we hear of ...vandalism of church yards.....churches.....war memorials ....the list goes on.....

im sorry to hear what has happened to you....i can only imagine how you must feel................

What utter rubbish, in the seventies my local cemetery used to be vandalised on a regular basis. My gran had her headstone smashed twice along with numerous others. This was before human rights and in an era of borstal and corporal punishment, so what do you put that down to.

sorry to hear about that Steve, there are some low life's about even what i thought was a fellow shooter.

a good mate of mine put a stealth cam up in a location that quite a few shooters shoot the area.

couple of weeks later he rings me to say some b...... nicked my cam, if i hear anything let him know. but as the land had a footpath running through it we thought it would be a trespasser off the foot path as we all know they do.

well i had a call from another shooter of the said land who had laptop problem and could not access it due to forgotten password,

he brought to me saying most insistingly to wipe it, but little did he know i could get round the password and within in mins laptop booted and the desktop image was of the said field in night mode taken from stealth cam

at this point the laptop had other issues and that would take some time to sort, owner did not want to hang around and he left.

well you have all probably guessed by now, after he had gone i searched the lappy and found 614 images from stealth cam and guess what the last two images taken were of!

HIM NICKING THE CAM!

that put me in a bit of a spot but i thought i should and did inform owner of stealth cam what i had found.

he was not happy to say the least, farmer / landowner has revoked his permission to shoot his land as far as i am aware, owner of cam has given the thief 2 weeks to return the cam in good working order or cash value, failing that he intends to prosecute.

owner says he is going to do the decent thing and give him a chance to return item or he may loose his shotty license and have criminal record.

toe rag thieves are bad enough but a fellow shooter unbelievable!!!

dead line for return of item is this Friday so we wait for his next move

Edited by djgeoff

ooohhhh pardon me for living............................this sort of stuff didnt happen around here until a decade or so ago.............so i put it down to where you live

It happened everywhere in the country not just where I lived, the reason it appears to happen more now is social media.