anyone want to meet up in rochdale for pest shooting

joka

hi i am a new member, i am looking for a air gun shooting partner in rochdale. i get on with many people whether their age , race, religion, colour. however i have not found suitable place to shoot.

i asked a police man for advice today all he could suggest was to get permission from neighbours or farmers. looking forward to a shooting partner.

hi i am a new member, i am looking for a air gun shooting partner in rochdale. i get on with many people whether their age , race, religion, colour. however i have not found suitable place to shoot.

i asked a police man for advice today all he could suggest was to get permission from neighbours or farmers. looking forward to a shooting partner.

Asked a policeman?

Oh dear, you will need an education in gaining shooting permission.

Knock on some doors!

well i was walking home with the air rifle in the bag and the officer ( two community officers) asked what's that mate fishing rod i said yes but he grabbed it from the tip and caught me out but i said that it is covered and unloaded and he just said let me look at it and said to the other officer i remember when i was a teenager we used to hunt crows and rats etc so he just said be careful and that i should ask the farmers or get permission from the neighbors.

Guest raymond1
joka, read some of the threads in this section, they contain good advice on how to get shooting.

Its not easy and involves going out and knocking on Farmer and Landowners doors asking.

The chances of someone who doesn't know you, inviting you on to their shooting permission, are low to zero.

also when someone is kind enough to offer you a day out ,dont say "my friend will have to bring me", one novice is enough but

two people will not be entertained,.........

Hmmmm. So let's get this straight. You have an air rifle but nowhere to shoot it? But you carry it around in a bag, then lie about it to police staff when questioned. I take it they are not on your list of age, race religion and colour then?

How old are you?

I would agree with Tulkyuk.

^ Isn't full time Uni about 16 hours a week?

God help you when you start working for a living, you won't have time to eat then!!

Seriously mate, fill it in. It probably won't help you in your cause to get shooting permission, BUT Mungler, Pavman, LB and the rest will then be able to take the **** out of you for being *Scottish/*Welsh/*Irish/*English/**French/*Yorkshire etc. Helps us to have more fun at your expense.

*Delete as appropriate

**Oh my Lord, you're brave aren't you?

Good luck

Guest raymond1
^ Isn't full time Uni about 16 hours a week?

God help you when you start working for a living, you won't have time to eat then!!

Seriously mate, fill it in. It probably won't help you in your cause to get shooting permission, BUT Mungler, Pavman, LB and the rest will then be able to take the **** out of you for being *Scottish/*Welsh/*Irish/*English/**French/*Yorkshire etc. Helps us to have more fun at your expense.

*Delete as appropriate

**Oh my Lord, you're brave aren't you?

Good luck

now now now boys please , i seen the little fellows request wanting a shooting partner and sent him a PM, he responded very quickly and politely as follows,.he gave his name and ethnic background as being of pakistani origin, i have no problems there,

but then he told me that he does not drive and his friend would have to bring him !!!!!, then as "per post", it turns out he told a little "porky" to the local plod , he has a gun over his shoulder and says """""" its a fishing rod"""""" how original and honest is that ? :rolleyes: , somehow ,unless this guy meets a very benevolent person wanting to give him a complete personalty "makeover", i feel is going to fail with the shooting fraternity,..........choose another hobby and do your self a favour :no:.......... ps . i forgot to make it clear , he does not want to meet up, but only to go on your permision with his freind

what change my hobby no way i just started this hobby. Everyone that has started this hobby had to start somewhere at the bottom and not knowing all pest, permission and how the hobby works. That is why i joined this forum to learn and meet different people.

Guest raymond1
what change my hobby no way i just started this hobby. Everyone that has started this hobby had to start somewhere at the bottom and not knowing all pest, permission and how the hobby works. That is why i joined this forum to learn and meet different people.

o.k o.k lets state a few rules , 1/ you dont ask and then say "my freind is bringing me" ( unless your freind is your chauffer)

2/ let the forum know ,"what is your attitude towards dogs"? 3/ why tell porkys to the police ?,.........your move !

I think it's all been said.

Worrying the fact that such young people have (1) unfettered access to the internet and (2) an airgun

I reckon Joka your best bet is to read. Read the threads, read the old threads and understand how this all works and hangs together.

Then start over...

Guest raymond1
I think it's all been said.

Worrying the fact that such young people have (1) unfettered access to the internet and (2) an airgun

I reckon Joka your best bet is to read. Read the threads, read the old threads and understand how this all works and hangs together.

Then start over...

well said mungler old boy ,...........but dont try a differrent name joka,........mistakes are to be learnd from :also dont take this the wrong way , but your wanting to do something that is "very english" to the core , learn how to "mix" with people if your realy serious, the shooting fraternity and all its disiplines have there own way of doing things

Guest raymond1
What you mean by learn to mix and that it is very english to the core. i have many different friends of all backgrounds and this english to the core, well every country has it's hunters. it not just an English sport.

and when in rome !