anschutz 1415/16 22 lr

Glynn

Hi just got my fire arms licence and have brought an anschutz 1415/16 22lr second hand which was recommend to me by my local gun smiths. Do any of you have the same gun or can you tell me more about it? I have got a bit of experiance with air rifles but just starting out with rimfires so any advice or tips would be great, cheers.

Use Eley subsonics, and restrict your range initially to 60 yards or so.

Get a moderator.

I think that you will find that most makes of high velocity shoot an inch high, and that the groups will be poor compared to subsonics.

Buy a Harris bipod as it makes longer shots that much easier.

As with an air rifle buy the best scope that you can afford - minimum mag of 6. Don't go too high, as a high mag will put you off.

Fire as many shots as you can at the range before you use it on live quarry.

Set out targets at 20/30/40/50/60/70/80 yards to determine bullet drop AND keep them for future reference.

Head shots always at rabbits - if you can't head shot one then let it go (unless it is a major control problem)

Away you go!

Don

And where that ricochet will end up!

Personally I go for chest shots, especially at longer ranges.

1415 is a nice bit of kit, my annie likes winchester hp subs, I use a stick (hazel) rather than a bipod, this gives a slightly more elevated angle which can help with ricochet issues.

anything specific you need to know about the 1415?

I'm with every one above! great choice for a first rifle! when I changed from air to rimfire I was almost paranioid about making sure I always had a good backstop...and I still am! The first time you hear the round thump a bunny then zing off the floor behind it and on the hedge you will realise why every one says it so much!

I am lucky enough to have a shoot that backs on to an old clay quarry that fills with water in the wet season (350 days of the year! :rolleyes: ) and have taken a shot or 2 and bunnies on the edge of it and had rounds go through the bunnie, then skip off the water right accross the quarry and the slap noise as it hits home on the far side!(which is stone and about 150 foot high!) Take care and enjoy!

i bought one new a year ago and love it,i have taken lots of small game with mine, anchutz realy are the very best in rimfires

the triger on mine is awesome and very acurate aswell i have a CZ aswell also very good and will be buying another one very soon good gun good choice :huh:

Cheers guys nice to get some replies. I have put over 500 round through on targets then went on hunt got 7 bunnies in the first 15 mins love the gun think its great. i have got a moderator on it and have blagged the misses into getting me a harris bi pod for christmas. have got a problem with the rounds jamming on it though they seem to get stuck half way through its a bit of a pain as its happing about every 15, 20 shots. any ideas on what to do.

When do they jam?

Is it when trying to load the round into the chamber, or are you having problems with extracting them?

Is the bolt not lubricated enough so that it is stiff? Always keep the bolt lubricated, and when it is not in the gun it should always be in a protective plastic bag so that it does not pick up any dirt or grit.

Don

Are the bullet heads jamming against the breech as you push the bolt forward? is the problem amplified when the mag is full and OK with 3 or so rounds in it?? if so I've had this before, tried everything, striped the mag, turned the mag follower around, tried different ammo??

Ended up being the metal tang which holds the rear of the mag, it was not quite holding the mag forward enough so a little tweak with some pliers did the trick :good:

26052006001.jpg

this little fella above the mag release button in the pic, if your mag moves a lot, try gently pushing forwards and backwards, then this might be the fault.

hi again took my rifle to gunsmiths and it was as you described paul223. the mag alignment was not correct so there was movement in it when loading this was causing the jam. problem hopefully now sorted. Hears another question how often shoud you clean your gun? the gunsmiths said rarely as the ammo i use is self lubricating and if i over clean i could affect its accurcy.