RAT POISON

We use grain based rat poison at work. I buy a different brand each time I purchase, and ensure that the actual poison ingredient is different from the time previous, thus helping to reduce the chance of immunity. I do however prefer traps.

webber

one good thing about rats and poison is that rats are canibals so when one dies of poison the one that eats it will also be poisoned.

and half a hour after the rats eat some ''sorex'' they will walk about stonne for a while... which makes easy shooting :angry:

and also sorex is granulated and i keep them in rat boxes.

cheers

Lew

Do any one of you find that the rat poison you put down becomes immune to them. Is there a preference to either blocks or grain? Comments please......

1 - No as I use the right poison for the right situation.

2 - Blocks are easier in domestic/residential area as they are less easy to drag off and will give an indication as to the infestation.

Its likely that any poison you put down will only form part of the rats diet.

In this case, it can take at least a fortnight to kill from first dose.

Dominant rats eat first and die first. The smarter subordinate rats might pick up on what they've been eating and avoid it.

It pays to ring the changes so that they don't become too used to one type of formulation.

Sometimes they avoid plastic bait stations and you might do better with wood.

Dogs and Pigs are much more susceptical to rat poison than humans. make sure you pick up, burn or bury any rats that you kill.