RECORD PIGEONS SHOT?

HEAD SHOT

Record numbers shot are always very hard to be substanciated. On one particular day in August 1996 myself,a friend and an estate gamekeeper shot 727 between us on one 80 acre field. While no record It messed me up for two days afterwards,

I shot personally over 500 cartridges.

As for cartridge to bird ratio we won't go there either :good:;)

I saw a bag of 450 from a single gun over peas in Lincolnshire in the late 90,s a further 300+ the two following days.

Amazingly the birds were all shot between dawn and 11 am in the morning The guy shooting was a shift worker and had to be at work for 12. Thats over 100 birds an hour so it just illustrates how many pigeons were hitting the area.

I shot his pitch in the second afternooon and shot 170 odd but probably missed more than I shot because I travelled to Louth to a friends house without my glasses.

The 4 or 5 fields were blue with Pigeons and the sky was like heathrow airport.

George held it for a long time which was shot on our land near Reading. It was 661 birds, and I'm just waiting to hear all the bullshizzle about how the field was baited to ******* blah blah blah from the green eyed monsters on here. I'm not going to go into it as its been done to death about his record bag and how it was baited with millions of tons of biologically enhanced super skunk pigeon feed developed in Area 54.

However I have been told that Alan Wood smashed it with something over 800 but it was never publicised as he felt that George deserved all the flack, lies, backstabbing and gossiping from people who only wish they had 10% of Georges ability. :good:

Ho Ho Ho. :hmm:

George held it for a long time which was shot on our land near Reading. It was 661 birds, and I'm just waiting to hear all the bullshizzle about how the field was baited to ******* blah blah blah from the green eyed monsters on here. I'm not going to go into it as its been done to death about his record bag and how it was baited with millions of tons of biologically enhanced super skunk pigeon feed developed in Area 54.

However I have been told that Alan Wood smashed it with something over 800 but it was never publicised as he felt that George deserved all the flack, lies, backstabbing and gossiping from people who only wish they had 10% of Georges ability. ;)

Ho Ho Ho. :P

Fair play Will thats a brilliant way of of biting the hand that feeds you(the guys on here are your PR team,word of mouth goes a long way :hmm:) "green eyed monsters" I for one am not too bothered about the numbers game but the subject of the "baited" field seems to have hit a nerve here :lol: nobody has mentioned millions of tons of biologically enhanced super skunk pigeon feed developed in area bloody 54 just the fact that the field was pre baited before being shot :P I might be wrong :good: Goerge has far more talent at shooting than I ever will thats a fact :no: please Will just let us all know what the crop/drillings were that Mr Digweed had his record bag on and tell all those green eyed monsters that it definately wasn't pre baited and a brilliant idea for a publicity stunt with hand on heart just to put this one to bed it would be best coming from the horses mouth so to speak.

Thanks Phil

Edited by farmer

Me, i dont give a monkey's either way!!....Baited/Field fed what ever? :no::good::lol: ......

You still have to shoot the little fat *******!....No?? :hmm::P

Besides the only record/numder shot in a day that matters to me is mine ;)

But you gotta admit it would be great just to have 600-800 to shoot at! :P:P:lol::lol:

Edited by Mutley

Me, i dont give a monkey's either way!!....Baited/Field fed what ever? :no::good::lol: ......

You still have to shoot the little fat *******!....No?? :hmm::P

Besides the only record/numder shot in a day that matters to me is mine ;)

But you gotta admit it would be great just to have 600-800 to shoot at! :P:P:lol::lol:

I think it's just a matter of a little thing called sportsmanship :yes:and good old field craft :lol:;)

Edited by farmer

I dont actually think it matters wether I say yes or no to wether it was baited. Like someone said if you look at the pics it was Rape stubble. How on earth do you think anyone can bait a field of Rape stubble.... jeez.

And as for the other comment about biting the hand that feeds you... you guys do pretty well out of us, and likewise we gain business from you. All I'm doing is standing up here and saying that the "baiting" rumour is complete and utter twaddle generated by... (oooh you wont like this bit) the Green Eyed Monsters. Complete cack.

I suggest that if you dont beleive me then if you see him round any of the Fairs or shoots at least have the knackers to roll up to him and ask him yourself if it was baited.

Why on earth some people have to try and shoot down one persons achievements with a load of complete **** is at the end of the day....... to do with jealousy.

Over and out

well put will my best day on pigeon was up at yours a grand 26 ha ha ha i have been haveing better days on the crows but heh i love the pigeons and will be upto you again .heh if some chap bashes 500-800 birds one sitting bloody goodluck to him great days sport i would of paid just to watch that. as for the baited bit well who gives a monkey sh-t if it was or not heh 800 pigeons happy farmer pestcontrol done.

forgot to mention on here somewhere chaps mentioning baiting areas night before shooting what is wrong with that if you can get results like this just my opinion.

Edited by bignoel