Shotgun Licence application.

nickb

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi i live in newcastle-under-lyme so with staffordshire police and my sg licence took about 5 months its a bit of a understatement to say my patience was starting to run thin , i rung them every month dont know if it helped or not , its a bit anoying when you do everthing they ask of then dont hear anything for an age , when i took my form to the police stating they said it woul only take 6-8 weeks so all i can say is bit your toung give them a few phone calls and be patient , was well happy when i finaly got it !!

Edited by AdamHall

Is it not possible to put a deposit on a gun on the assumption of a sucsseful licence application?

You wont legally take ownership of the gun until then

Have now sorted that one - Luckily my coach is going on Sunday same day as us and he is a RFD - If I pay he can just hold onto it at the club until the cert comes through.

Edited by Freakmode

Is it not possible to put a deposit on a gun on the assumption of a sucsseful licence application?

You wont legally take ownership of the gun until then

Have now sorted that one - Luckily my coach is going on Sunday same day as us and he is a RFD - If I pay he can just hold onto it at the club until the cert comes through.

Joy :whistling:

Avon and somerset

6 weeks in total

4 week for visit then 2 weeks for licence

What did you bribe them with? I've been waiting 4 bl**dy months and still no sign!!! Called them last week - they said yes your application is being processed, we have completed all the checks, your doctor has written to us, all OK, so what the heck is the wait now?? Sorry, do I sound like I'm running out of patience... :good:

Guest cookoff013

Also,

if they they accuse you of being al-quaeda <wink>, ask for it in writing. you can then persue it further. i took my application ages. and quite a few (6-7) phonecalls to my co. signitory to assure i`m not going to blow up buildings....

Gloucester address but come under cheltenham for firearms.

Sent of for ticket and then left it a week, got a letter saying that they had sent the forms to the FLO, left it another week and then phoned Gary Taylor (FLO Gloucester/Forest) told him that the farmers were on the phone all the time trying to get crop control but as i was shooting with a friend and his misses had just had a baby, i couldnt do anything about it and was losing permissions. he text-ed me to say he had spoken to the FLO for my area and they will be in touch, i didnt stand for that so i phoned the Chelt FLO and left her a message. phone call later that day saying she was gong to get the paperwork and do the basic check the following week. she phone on the Monday saying paperwork was in order so house visit was needed. thursday she came out and we had a chat and giggle as you do. then she said all was good but the chief had to rubber stamp and that could take 4 more Weeks. ******. waited as there was nothing else i could do. 2 weeks later the ticket came. alrighty. then mate said he was selling him browning gold, double alrighty, i have now a Browning Gold Hunter in camo.

6 weeks from he handing forms into bearland to the ticket in hand. been out everyday for the last 2weeks banging pigeons and blackies.

i got a call today and my flo will be coming round at 3pm tommorow to interview me, anyone got any pointers?

Be polite,be honest and dont let your dog leap up when he comes in...like my Bullmastiff did. :oops:

To be honest though,they've done their background check on you already including a docs report so you shouldnt have anything to worry about.I found it to be an informal chat-he wanted to know what i wanted a shotgun for (clays mostly),my experience,where i planned on doing it and he even told me about several more sites.They're not there to trick or test you-more guidance i found.

One thing i wish i'd done with hindsight was install a gun cabinet before he interviewed me as this would have reduced the certificate waiting time.

Phone them up and tell them that,

I am sure they will have great pleasure in losing your application, personally I have never had an issue with Essex Police. They have always been prompt, and have always given good service.

I have spoken to Staffs FAO last week, but with respect so as not to "get my application lost".

The answers I got back were. to say the least. a thin excuse for a sloppy slow and inefficient sevice, in comparision to other forces (based on the information on here).

A pal from Derby got his ticket through in less than 3 weeks. 3-4 months is just not good enough in my eyes.....but what can you do, but wait!

Have they cashed the chque

If so you have got it,

But with that attitude and someone off this forum tips them off then bye bye cert ,

And there are people of this forum who do tip off the plod BEWARE

i got a call today and my flo will be coming round at 3pm tommorow to interview me, anyone got any pointers?

Be polite,be honest and dont let your dog leap up when he comes in...like my Bullmastiff did. :oops:

To be honest though,they've done their background check on you already including a docs report so you shouldnt have anything to worry about.I found it to be an informal chat-he wanted to know what i wanted a shotgun for (clays mostly),my experience,where i planned on doing it and he even told me about several more sites.They're not there to trick or test you-more guidance i found.

One thing i wish i'd done with hindsight was install a gun cabinet before he interviewed me as this would have reduced the certificate waiting time.

thanks for the reply, my train of thought was that they must have more or less made there descision either way before they come to see me