www.benellispauto.co.uk anyone going?

mcs1972

Complete novice and only picked up my benelli two days ago but been having a good session or two with it and thought more for the experience I might give this ago......never entered a competition in my life....

Just wondered if anyone has done this before or is going....

Any tips appreciated....

I'm probably completely bonkers, but I can think of worse ways to spend a saturday afternoon :->

Mark

:)

Complete novice and only picked up my benelli two days ago but been having a good session or two with it and thought more for the experience I might give this ago......never entered a competition in my life....

Just wondered if anyone has done this before or is going....

Any tips appreciated....

I'm probably completely bonkers, but I can think of worse ways to spend a saturday afternoon :->

Mark

:D

Mate what's the worst that could happen?! you spend YOUR money how YOU please, have a go, and **** the shooting snobs.

Who knows, you might even win a wooden spoon :D :D

I'm a novice, have a benelli, and may even go for a giggle.

If i do, you'll have to fight for the wooden spoon! :)

:lol:

Mate what's the worst that could happen?! you spend YOUR money how YOU please, have a go, and **** the shooting snobs.

Who knows, you might even win a wooden spoon :D :D

I'm a novice, have a benelli, and may even go for a giggle.

If i do, you'll have to fight for the wooden spoon! :)

:D

Sounds good to me.... Up for it?

M

Wooden Spoon? - The entry form says that there is a £7k prize fund - not bad if you ask me!!

It also says that you can use any make of semi-automatic for the shoot - worth while knowing for any mates that want to go. Just entered online at www.benellispauto.co.uk. Definitely worth a shot if you ask me! :good:

Edited by Biffy

If it wasn't all the way down in Laaaaardan i'd have had a shot at that! I wonder if i'd have been able to use my 10 shot magazine . . . . I'm going to a similar thing up here at the end of this month (sans prizes) but you'd only use a semi if you wanted a good tutting at! :good:

Mark

Wooden Spoon? - The entry form says that there is a £7k prize fund - not bad if you ask me!!

It also says that you can use any make of semi-automatic for the shoot - worth while knowing for any mates that want to go. Just entered online at www.benellispauto.co.uk. Definitely worth a shot if you ask me! :rolleyes:

MaybeiIts a posh wooden spoon........I've entered for the afternoon...

Never shot in a competition before, in fact only been shooting 9 months, doing this for fun more than anything...Anything I should be aware of??

M

i'm sure it'll be fun, depends if you can justify the £48 entrance fee - if so, then why not!

Nick,

It keeps the mrs out of the shops as shes coming with me.......... ;->

If you fancy it, I'm going in the afternoon....

Mark

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah, it was a really fun shoot, great fun shooting 3 shots at either 2 or 3 clays. :hmm:

I bought a Benelli S/A a few months back, it handles really good with the woodies, a tad too whippy for the clays.

West London is a superb ground, and has really matured nicely now after all of the earth bunds are in place, shame they don't hold Major Championships there anymore. :yay:

Pretty much everybody in the Sporting circuit was there, OK, it blew a real hooley :D , but we all had a great day out. :good:

Cat.

Yeah, it was a really fun shoot, great fun shooting 3 shots at either 2 or 3 clays. :hmm:

I bought a Benelli S/A a few months back, it handles really good with the woodies, a tad too whippy for the clays.

West London is a superb ground, and has really matured nicely now after all of the earth bunds are in place, shame they don't hold Major Championships there anymore. :yay:

Pretty much everybody in the Sporting circuit was there, OK, it blew a real hooley :D , but we all had a great day out. :good:

Cat.

The rabbit stand towards the back was fun, actually managed all bar one of them and the 3 teal at once were a laugh......Couple of them where amusing in the wind as well......will book again for next year for sure if they do it....

Liked the whole feel at west london in general, think I may have to pay it a visit one weekend...

Mark

Mark,

Carry on down the track a bit further past the WLSS on a Saturday and you will be at West London Sporting Targets, a really friendly little ground, nice targets, good fun, mention my name and Leaseone will give you a discount on a lesson on how to shoot skeet..!! :good:

Cat.

Hi

I'm new to this. Am getting my first gun and am going through the whole o/u - semi - pump decision making process. The WLSS is relatively easy for me to get to so would be an option for my weekend's shooting. Reading many threads I see o/u are excepted everywhere, and given that the WLSS has just hosted a semi competition I assume they're cool with those, but what does the WLSS think about using pumps? I read that some grounds don't like them. Many thanks.

Great fun shoot, definitely do it again next year. Very friendly squads everywhere.

Had to leave straight after we finished, took about 4 hours in the afternoon, does anyone know where a list of results could be found ?

Would like to see who won and where I finished in Class

Thanks

Hi

I'm new to this. Am getting my first gun and am going through the whole o/u - semi - pump decision making process. The WLSS is relatively easy for me to get to so would be an option for my weekend's shooting. Reading many threads I see o/u are excepted everywhere, and given that the WLSS has just hosted a semi competition I assume they're cool with those, but what does the WLSS think about using pumps? I read that some grounds don't like them. Many thanks.

O/U's are not "excepted" everywhere, they're accepted everywhere.

If you're serious about taking up clay shooting, forget about pump action shotguns, they're only any good in the hands of a real expert like John Bidwell, and even he wouldn't dream of using one in a competition he wanted to win.

Semi Autos are accepted at any Sporting shoot, the modern ones are excellent and worth serious consideration, I've recently bought a Benelli Supersport, and it's a lovely gun, handles really quick when you want it to.

Cat.

O/U's are not "excepted" everywhere, they're accepted everywhere.

If you're serious about taking up clay shooting, forget about pump action shotguns, they're only any good in the hands of a real expert like John Bidwell, and even he wouldn't dream of using one in a competition he wanted to win.

Semi Autos are accepted at any Sporting shoot, the modern ones are excellent and worth serious consideration, I've recently bought a Benelli Supersport, and it's a lovely gun, handles really quick when you want it to.

Cat.

Same gun as I've got, cracking bits of kit....Highly recommended......Didnt see any pump users there....It was just good to have full use of the gun and 3 shots....

Mark

Come on Chard, you know the type......................

Skeet vest and over/under = SNOB :mad:

Camo and pump = ROCK 'ARD KILLING MACHINE :mad:

Oh, of course. That's OK then.

I thought for a minute it was cloth cap, My Old Man's a Dustman inverted snobbery rearing it's head again, for the fifteenth time this year :good:

:lol:

Besides which, I thought this Benellispauto beanfeast was a root'n toot'n cowboy gun, son of a bitch from Arizona, ragtime Cowboy Joe, three up the breech and one up your khyber, camo, airsoft, I'm 'ard Bruce Lee shoot-off. Not much snobbery there, I wouldn't have thought :D

Edited by Chard

Results are now on the website:

http://www.benellispauto.co.uk/

My 102 wasn't a total meltdown, looking at some of the others. :hmm:

Perhaps I ought to use the S/A a bit more often on the clays. :mad:

Cat.

Good shooting that man.

Looks like you ought to get rid of that Gamba fencepost or whatever it is and get a Mossberg :lol:

You know it makes sense ???