Hair Spraying my decoys

Happend to come across a book about bicarbonate soda. In ther it said to remove hair products (from hair I presume) mix shampoo and bicarb.... and wash. I tried this on the shells that I had hairsprayed and yes it took the shine off. I use a nail brush and just gave a gentle scrub.

Hope this helps.

Happend to come across a book about bicarbonate soda. In ther it said to remove hair products (from hair I presume) mix shampoo and bicarb.... and wash. I tried this on the shells that I had hairsprayed and yes it took the shine off. I use a nail brush and just gave a gentle scrub.

Hope this helps.

So you used hairspray too.. Doh! The only way to stop the decoy's from shining, or any of your kit from shining, as any professional will tell you, is to use cooking lard. Apply a thin film, and hey presto. If it's raining the water runs straight off. If it's a hot day they fry nicely, though you may have to baste a couple of times.

Failing that, here is an old trick I discovered in the Military. Matt green or black paint, or both. Spray liberally to stop the shine. I use it on everything, my hands and face, those shiny cartridge tops, my glasses and even my dog.

Give it a go!