is there much mixy in your area

shotgun666

the rabbits i see around were i live all seem to have mixy, teesside horrible disease it is.what do you think.. :)

I haven't seen any around here yet - I normally start to see it in the autumn, probably as the rabbits spend longer underground?

Didn't see much evidence of myxi last year - and this seems confirmed in that there are far more bunnies than I can remember for many years. Even in places where I never saw a single rabbit I am regularly disturbing them. My Mother In Law even has regular visitors to her vegetable plot - although she is a damn got shot herself. I can't see them getting away with it much longer now she is armed appropriately :yes:

What I have seen a lot of are speckled livers (white) in the rabbits I have shot. Lots of people have told me that it is harmless (Liver fluke?) and the meat is fine, just discard the liver. I have to admit that the rabbits appeared perfectly healthy in all other respects - but I have still discarded the whole carcass anyway.

What I have seen a lot of are speckled livers (white) in the rabbits I have shot. Lots of people have told me that it is harmless (Liver fluke?) and the meat is fine, just discard the liver. I have to admit that the rabbits appeared perfectly healthy in all other respects - but I have still discarded the whole carcass anyway.

i was alwasys led to believe a spotty liver was a sign of mixxy ?? please enlighten me

havnt seen any in north norwich area thankfully

:)

Only a few round me, which get promptly shot and dumped near a fox hole.

I shoot a lot of rabbits for the butchers and they wont take any that have even a touch of it - so if l see one its shot - on the whole though - they are quite healthy round me. There's even some sandy coloured ones (not to mention the odd black one) which are the result of someone letting some domestic ones go no-doubt! Strange looking things - very fluffy!

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

Fair bit around me - I have shot 3 in the last couple of months which were really bad. It seems to come and go but there are more around me that don't have it, than do.

I wonder whether the healthy ones force the really sick ones out of the burrows - survival of the fittest and all that?