All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Konor has invested some time and effort in trying to get straight answers to relatively simple questions. He can't get any, so posts again. Then some members pop up and ask why he keeps posting. If they find it boring - don't read. Is there answer to just ignore the lack of proper responses and ley it go? I find the stick he has had from the odd member or two bizarre. I have asked questions which are never answered, as has Scully, Old farrier and Rewulf, plus others. Same response - patronising comments and useless links / podcast.
  3. JDog

Crop ID

I have it on good authority (not from the farmer though) that they are vetch seeds.
  4. I think we’ve all had days where we’ve shot a bag but couldn’t help feeling it would have been much bigger had we chosen a different field…..51 isn’t to be sniffed at though and there’s always another day 👍🏼
  5. Some time has passed since my summary of the podcast. I don't see any disagreement with the opinion I have posted, so I have to assume that BASC accept it as accurate.
  6. Well done. A nice number to carry back with the kit too!
  7. Jack's fine just gone so old over night but fine.
  8. Not without seeing the car details but I had exactly the same situation and ordered a universal one from Ali Express - was about a tenner. From memory you need one that comes with a new chip, you will find the old chip close to the motor usually under the seat - the chip should have a code on it. If it's anything like mine then it's a simple job but you have to tune the remote to the chip and the instructions are usually in very basic Chinglish.
  9. I’ve four cabinets already that hold my 15 shotguns and 3 rifles. Getting older now so time to give someone the opportunity to upgrade or add to their collection. I tend to favour around half a dozen of my guns the rest are really being held onto for sentimental reasons. Moving house next year so decided to start a reduction.
  10. No worries man, like someone said earlier they are very busy, I can understand them not having the time but the person who got back to me made it out like it's something they don't do in general, which does suck but it is what it is
  11. Why not another cabinet for your rifles i did. You'll regret it.
  12. Today
  13. Morning ive been given a RC car for my lad, he’s to young to be able to drive it him self but I’ve noticed there’s a switch for RC mode but I don’t have a control , I’ve looked online but these cars have been discontinued, I’ve also seen universal control on eBay and Amazon ? Has anyone got any ideas what control would work ?? Cheers
  14. Yesterdays renewal visit was an eye opener for me. Very professional all within the guidelines but I had the feeling that the emphasis was on a disproportionate fear of air weapon possession.eg air weapons to be locked away so that my wife or visiting tradesmen couldn’t gain access to them. I’d be more fearful of either running amok with a steak knife but we are where we are and have to keep on the right side of the present laws. As a law abiding minority that will possibly contribute to our demise.
  15. I can't argue with ANY of the points you've raised Konor AND i agree that this total capitulation AND agreement with this particular point (and others) with no,from what i can see, resistance from an organisation that supposedly represents the shooting community isn't a good look. theres not even any thought of self preservation as i guarantee there'll be the total number of BASC,NGO etc,etc employees looking for other work in the near future.
  16. It’s impossible to discuss the subject when points raised aren’t being addressed
  17. Don’t worry about the gun. Worry about your left hand and your head! (Joking!)
  18. I am a member of GWCT and you say it's there advice but there's no evidence. Yes i use steel for pigeons i used to use lead but with BASCs support and constant publicity saying lead is bad nobody wants lead shot pigeons. Your support for a lead ban is your choice but we were never given the the choice by the organisation we pay to support us. Only time will tell if BASC will survive many of us support wildfowling clubs of which compulsory BASC membership is required and this lastest decision could have a devastating effect on them along with the withdrawn insurance membership numbers have dropped considerably the last few years. As to why will there be a lead ban BASC support it.
  19. There are so many juveniles on here. Can we not just focus on and discuss the subject matter. For those unable to perhaps they either grow up or find another forum more suited to their age range.
  20. That so called grass is on a camping field that young children use and they dont want it damaged or Boar turning up when they are on the fields if you dont like the post jog on
  21. So 32 private nurseries? Out of eleven and a half thousand - they also mention that the game is reared for the table - would be interesting to learn how this differs from normal meat production, and how it benefits the wider shooting community.
  22. Sorry I haven’t looked yet, been to buisy working, will look at the weekend,if they are 1/2 and 1/4 you can have them for free.👍
  23. I think my last post explains my position. Your claim of an unhealthy obsession with David is a rather strange deduction. In your experience are unhealthy obsessions with other men common. You should notice that the content of my posts focus on “David’s “inadequate responses to the points I have raised. As he is the one responsible for that then obviously he is the cause of my complaints. Do you consider that my postings are somehow more sinister in nature and could you instead of speed reading just read them then quote to justify your allegation. The sheer length of each of my posts is in the interests of clarity and the avoidance of misinterpretation. The quantity is a reflection of the fact that I have a few days off work as part of a pre retiral programme. I consider that my views expressed are representative of many grass shooters and I am fortunate enough to have the time to express those views on behalf of those grass roots shooters. That you should see it as some unhealthy vendetta against “ David “whom I assume you to mean Conor O’Gorman is your personal opinion and doesn’t take into account the majority of my post content that you have ,as you say.briefly speed read over.
  24. Are the parents health tested?
  25. Konor. I have only speed read your posts. But the shear quantity and length of each once gives an overall impression of a rather unhealthy obsession with David
  1. Load more activity