All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. No not technically. Turks and Caicos was British if i remember correctly. So not sure if that counts. I have looked into it a few times but the US dollar doesn’t go far over there. So whenever we are looking at long out of country trips we normally end up in South/ Central America. One day I will end up over there for a Castle tour. My ancestral home is Abercynrig in Brecknockshire Wales. And the home is still in the Aubrey family( though my line of Aubrey sold it to an Aubrey cousin in the 1500s) so I will go there for sure to see it before I die. But when I looked into it years ago the home wasn’t open for tours. So eventually I’d like to get a hold of the owners and email them to see if I can set it up. Its not like I know the owners but I’m hoping they would be kind enough to at least let me see the outside of the place if I can show my ancestral paperwork. From the paperwork I have that area of wales was given to a man named Sir Reginald Aubrey. He was born in Normandy but his grandson son was born there in Wales in 1095 and the Aubrey family lived there until the 1500s when my line sold it to a cousin (still Aubrey tho). And in 1632 a man named John Aubrey was born in Virginia making him the first Aubrey born in America. I haven’t found documentation but I’m assuming by the the fact Reginald Aubrey Senior was born in Normandy in 1030 and his grandson was born in Abercynrig in 1095 that my family played apart in the 1066 invasion and got that land as payment of sorts. (Just a guess) but I have to seen the place before I die.
  3. Yildiz £650 .410 Shotgun Private Seller Used - Excellent Condition Merthyr Tydfil, Merthyr Tydfil Side by Side, Full Choke, 1/2 Choke, 28" barrels Description Excellent condition with stunning wood, hasn't shot a box of cartridges, just a cabinet queen. This gun is being sold by Pigeon Watch member foxshooter69. Message them here View the full article
  4. CG125 RD250 (coffin tank) CB400N Moto Guzzi Sp1000 750 Le Mans 850MkII 750 Commando (combat engine) CBR 600 x3 CBR1000W KLX 650 BMW R100 Norton Dominator 650SS I'm sure there are others I've forgotten about. All gone now I commute on the train and shoot air rifle comps every Sunday
  5. and the coalman was Futters no doubt..
  6. Yes you are correct , my mistake after looking at the sizes I agree and the person that asked the question two weeks ago now have their answer
  7. Well remember loading bales by hand onto a four wheel trailer, pitchfork when they got higher, the stacker would stay on the trailer for the ride home, he would get bashed by low branches along the road, The smell of the first cut of hay, "ladies" coming to pick spuds and peas, bale hide and decoys on the clover in the winter, a million gulls following the plough, stubble burning, lines made in the spring when rolling the winter wheat, and the dust off the same wheat after a long day combining without a cab. The very best way to spend your time as a teen
  8. I recall accompanying my older brother (who was 10), potato picking, at the age of 6. I lasted a day, and I think was paid 1d. My brother did the week and I believe got 2 shillings.
  9. Today
  10. I remember a week off school for potato picking and mangle chopping "whatever that was" I never went! Also Devonports beer at home van and the man from the PRU collecting pennies every week. Shipstones brewery was not far away and we used to see the horse drawn cart returning to base after a busy day delivering barrels of ale to pubs, with both drivers nissed as pewts. The horses knew their way back home.
  11. Yeah is strange as there was less rape grown round here last couple of years. So you think there would be more on the fields that were there . Also fields that have always been good fields that they always seemed to like whatever crop. I have been leaving the bigger flocks coming in letting them pass hoping they come back in smaller groups which they seem to do , last couple of times I have been . On barley that is. To be honest I really don’t think there’s as many people shooting round my area as there used to be .
  12. Very nice looking rifle!. Anyone selling a stock ?..
  13. Your absolutely correct there were a few specially on the granite rocks most though fell through trees
  14. i would set the trail cam up as i said the older dog may be giving the young one a telling off for annoying her like a mum does with her pups the young one will have a lot more energy
  15. Another thing that not many are aware of is our shrinking coast line , here on the Norfolk coast there isn't a year go by where another dwelling is lost to the sea , a few miles up the coast at Hembsy it is a constant nightmare for the home owners , one ex army bloke have moved his house on rollers twice over the last few years and now he is left with nowhere to go when the next storm take away his garden which it will and it is only a matter of time . One good little earner for a local farmer was to have a car boot on his land although last year was the last year after 29 years , on a hot day in the Summer months it is not unusual to see maybe 3 / 4 hundred stalls set up at a minimum of of £8 , £9 if you have got a trailer and a tenner if you have a large van , You take a normal dry Sunday in the Summer with say 200 stalls at a minimum of £8 each that is £1600 for a good mornings work , gates are open at 6am and the site is empty by 1pm , very few crops on earth could make that sort of money in a few hours .
  16. 2004 Lanber 12g sporting (game) case colour harden 28" barrels 3" chambers 1470 bar nitro proof ect 14 1/2 stock Multi choke with 5 chokes and key £200 ono collection Chesterfield
  17. This is what they look like right now happy as two peas in a pod, I suppose I could stick a trail cam in the kennel as long as they don’t chew it, but it’s the pup screaming afaik. There’s no way she could get the better of the older dog.
  18. We also had an insurance chap come to ours , he was on a loser as we had very little to insure and my mother had no money to pay him anyway so it was often a wasted journey , but you know what insurance companies are like , they will just not give up trying to get something out of you ,
  19. Mother -in- law an old lady , who does not even have a driving license 🙄
  20. In respect of gritting birds I'd expect little if any detriment to game birds on ground used regularly for clay pigeon shooting. I rarely see any on the clay grounds I visit.
  21. Can someone explain the difference between a hunting knife and a bushcraft knife ? The policy as written is unenforceable as there is too much overlap and opinion as to which category a particular knife fits into.
  22. i believe they found the said vehicle during the initial investigation last year parked on the wee fish's father in laws drive👍
  23. nothing wrong with change of use I’m talking large scale housing once under concrete there’s no return for farmland
  1. Load more activity