Very sad, Surtees

agusta

Being a Petrol Head I have followed Henry's career along with Jonathan Palmers Son who was in the car behind

TRAGIC TRAGIC

I know most of the guys very well at Brands and this will have devastated them all

Thoughts are with John and Jane Surtees at this aweful time

It was such a freak accident

The cars are 2005 F1 Spec so wheel tethers are required but only reduce the likely hood of a wheel coming loose not stop it

If you watch closely you can see how much the wheel accelerates AFTER hitting Henry's car

If you read the Brands Hatch Website whilst they stabalised him at the scene and airlifted him from their own medical centre it was obvious he was probably dead in the car and they just wanted to try everything

No problem, it is a sad thing to happen, but motor racing is like that. Even in my own racing club days (20-odd years ago) we had a couple of mortalities, and some horrible injuries too, but by and large we all went week in week out with nothing like this.

No problem, it is a sad thing to happen, but motor racing is like that. Even in my own racing club days (20-odd years ago) we had a couple of mortalities, and some horrible injuries too, but by and large we all went week in week out with nothing like this.

Amen

I am a race marshal as is my wife. We are great friends of the marshal who was first on the scene.

this is so sad, we have followed Henry through his career in cars from his first race in the Ginetta Junior series. Regularly seeing and chatting with him and his dad (a hero of mine) in the paddock.

I real loss to the sport, such a nice lad, head screwed on right. some other drivers with famous fathers have just jumped into the fastest most powerful cars they can get thier hands on and raced, and usually badly. He went about it the right way taking the same route that any other driver would take to increase his abilities and experience. A Freak accident. As all marshals say never say "that can't happen" because in motorsport some of the most perculiar things do happen. This time with tragic consequences.

My heart also goes out not only to the family and friends but to Jack Clarke whose wheel it was that caused the damage, and to all the rescue and marshals who did thier best to save him.

RIP Henry