Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About phaedra1106

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • From
    County Durham

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Scenars are non-expanding target bullets.
  2. If you look closely he pulls the slide slightly back as it fires partially ejecting the cartridge, @ 1:19/1:20
  3. My son and I target shoot, all our indoor (25m) stuff apart from 22rf are reloaded, saves a fortune over factory. For outdoor we sometimes shoot twice a month and can use 2-300 rounds, for the 308 and 6.5 Creedmoor the average cost (using quality Nosler bullets) is around 45-55p per round. Again that's a massive saving over decent factory ammunition. It's been said, you may not save money by reloading but you will get to shoot a lot more
  4. My son was in BASC before his second application, they refused to help saying it was an ongoing issue which it wasn't. The only problem with the previous application was the GP's letter saying he was violent/aggressive which the firearms department then accepted he wasn't thanks to the psychiatrists report.
  5. My Autistic son (has Aspergers) has been waiting since 2006!!! First application in 2006 withdrawn because of an incorrect doctors letter saying he was violent & aggressive, took over 3 years to get a full consultant psychiatrists report saying he wasn't anything of the sort. Re-applied in 2012, dragged on for months, in 2013 had a 50min interview with a chief inspector who questioned him, couldn't find a fault with his answers but said if he pushed it he'd refuse it because of "adaptive reasoning", couldn't say what that meant but somebody had read the psychiatrists report and thought it might be a problem, no idea who it was, asked if they out-ranked a consultant psychiatrist and couldn't get an answer. On the way out of the "interview" I asked if he knew there were at least 3 FAC holders I knew who were Autistic?, his reply was "Ah yes, I know who you mean but one of them has a job and another is married"!!!. Application withdrawn again to prevent him getting a refusal. Rang them at the beginning of the year, spoke to the ***. manager who said it'd all changed now, things were much better, put it in and she'd sort it out. Applied again in February and Provided a doctors letter, waited 3 months and was then asked for full medical history, they wanted him to pay for it even though the doctors letter clearly says there are no issues. Took 5 months to eventually get an interview, Risk Manager came out with the FEO, would he like to see some nurses?, should be 2-3 weeks, 2 months later nothing. Rang the ***. manager over a week ago and she's looking into it. I've also spoken to another forces firearms department who said they have no problem with Autistic shooters, they do as they are told!!. He's been shooting since 2006, has held an NRA Shooters Certification Card for about 8 years and is a member of 3 clubs. All of his clubs provided letters of support for his application, that's 3 people with a combined 100+ years of experience training and monitoring shooters, every one said they had no reservations with him at all. So, 12 years and still waiting 😞
  6. As it currently stands empty brass cases whether fired or not are prohibited under ITAR Here's the applicable part of 22 CFR 121.1 Category III - Ammunition/Ordnance * (a) Ammunition/ordnance for the articles in Categories I and II of this section. (b) Ammunition/ordnance handling equipment specifically designed or modified for the articles controlled in this category, such as, belting, linking, and de-linking equipment. (c) Equipment and tooling specifically designed or modified for the production of defense articles controlled by this category. (d) Components, parts, accessories, attachments and associated equipment specifically designed or modified for the articles in this category: * (1) Guidance and control components for the articles in paragraph (a) of this category; * (2) Safing, arming and fuzing components (including target detection and localization devices) for the articles in paragraph (a) of this category; and (3) All other components, parts, accessories, attachments and associated equipment for the articles in paragraphs (a) through (c) of this category. (e) Technical data (as defined in § 120.10 of this subchapter) and defense services (as defined in § 120.9 of this subchapter) directly related to the defense articles described in paragraphs (a) through (d) of this category. Technical data directly related to the manufacture or production of any defense articles described elsewhere in this category that are designated as Significant Military Equipment (SME) shall itself be designated SME. (f) The following explains and amplifies the terms used in this category and elsewhere in this subchapter: (1) The components, parts, accessories and attachments controlled in this category include, but are not limited to cartridge cases, powder bags (or other propellant charges), bullets, jackets, cores, shells (excluding shotgun shells), projectiles (including canister rounds and submunitions therefor), boosters, firing components therefor, primers, and other detonating devices for the defense articles controlled in this category. And here's a direct reply from the horses mouth so to speak, People planning a visit to the United States often ask us whether they can purchase firearms, or firearms parts/components, or ammunition, or the parts/components of ammunition, during their visit, and carry those home with them. Here’s how US law works. In order to export any of these things -- including projectiles for ammunition reloading -- it is necessary to have an approved export permit, or “license”, from our Directorate. The only ones who can apply for such a license are those who fall into one of these three categories: · US citizens, · Permanent residents of the US, or · US companies that are registered with our Directorate as exporters. If someone doesn’t fit into one of those categories, then the only way to obtain these items would be to do one of the following: (1) Buy them from a US company that is registered with us as an exporter, for that US company to ship to you at your home address. The US company would then apply to our Directorate for the necessary export license, and if it is approved, they would then send the items to your home address. Or: (2) Buy them from a local company in the UK that has a business relationship with a US company registered with us as an exporter, and which sells things to the UK company, with our authorization, for commercial re-sale in the UK. But you cannot buy ammunition or ammunition parts/components in the US and carry it home with you. John Hall PM Response Team And an answer from
  7. I once did a similar thing, I encapsulated the handle in Milliput (epoxy putty) moulded to a rough shape with about an extra 1" sticking out. When it had set I popped it in a drill and filed it to tapered cone shape (like the one above) then cut it off at the length I wanted. After that I covered it in a short length of black heat shrink sleeving to look nicer Lasted about 2 years, cost about £1
  8. They are very nice, I just asked if he can do custom inserts like "6.5CM" for my Creedmoors
  9. Not on top of the actual purchase price though, with stuff from outside the EU it's additional to the cost.
  10. I'm afraid that's not correct, US suppliers can export certain gun parts from the USA as long as they are under $100 and comply with section 22 CFR 123.17(A) of ITAR United States law (specifically the “ITAR” – International Traffic in Arms Regulations”) allows for the export without an export license of certain firearm-related parts and components. This guide provides some details about the so-called “small parts exemption.” Here are the basics: Does not apply to any parts/components related to Shotguns (these are regulated by the U.S. Department of Commerce rather than the U.S. Department of State, and there is not equivalent exemption for shotgun parts in the Export Administration Regulations). Does not apply to ammunition-related parts and components, such as brass, bullets or primers. These are classified as “Category III” on the U.S. Munitions List, while the exemption only refers to “Category I(a) firearms.” Does not apply to barrels, cylinders, frames (receivers), or complete bolts. Does not apply to any parts at all related to fully automatic firearms, even if you’re planning to use the part on a semi-auto variant. Does not apply to any parts made in embargoed countries such as China, Iraq, some Russian companies, etc. (See list at this link). Does not apply to Scopes, which are regulated for export separately by the U.S. Department of Commerce, and there is no equivalent exemption. Exemption can only be used and claimed by a DDTC Registered Exporter (not just any business, nor a foreign individual traveling in the US). As the Registered Exporter, we must still file documentation online (using the Automated Export System, or AES) to notify the government that we’re using this exemption, including the item description, tariff code, value, weight, date of export and Port of Exit. So you're trigger/spring kit should be fine.
  11. HPS TR (UK) Murom small rifle primers £23, and very good they are too https://www.hps-tr.com/en/murom-primers-3
  12. Dromia (moderator) on Full-Bore Uk is a wealth of knowledge on the subject, also on castboolits as well I believe
  • Create New...