Nissan X Trail

robmiller

i have an x-trail

and cant fault it for what it is.....the 4x4 system is good and i put pirelli tyres whaich are 75% road 25% off road and its not let me down

must amit tho i do miss the reassurance of a "low ratio box" and ground clearance of my old shogun

but due to new family etc i went for x-trail

just imagine how many the would sell if they had a low ratio box and a wee bit more gorund clearance!!!!!

is it just me or do some of you not trust modern 4x4 systems ..? i prefer the old high n low box and diff locks job!!!

must be getting old

sauer

i have an x-trail

and cant fault it for what it is.....the 4x4 system is good and i put pirelli tyres whaich are 75% road 25% off road and its not let me down

must amit tho i do miss the reassurance of a "low ratio box" and ground clearance of my old shogun

but due to new family etc i went for x-trail

just imagine how many the would sell if they had a low ratio box and a wee bit more gorund clearance!!!!!

is it just me or do some of you not trust modern 4x4 systems ..? i prefer the old high n low box and diff locks job!!!

must be getting old

sauer

i know what you mean......but i cant even put anything other than road tyres on mine cos its got 17" rims......

they would sell loads more if it was a low/high box....

what year is yours....

shaun

i have 2005 and im bloody sure mine is 17" ....pirelli scorpions str's 215 x60 x17"

i just ran out n checked

these tyres are for snow or mud but not along scale of bf goodridge all terrains!!!! of course

i got em from kwik fit on a deal

they basically a road tyre with occasional off road usage but designed for winter too on the road

only bloody thing i could get and they work good for me

hope this helps

sauer

i have 2005 and im bloody sure mine is 17" ....pirelli scorpions str's 215 x60 x17"

i just ran out n checked

these tyres are for snow or mud but not along scale of bf goodridge all terrains!!!! of course

i got em from kwik fit on a deal

they basically a road tyre with occasional off road usage but designed for winter too on the road

only bloody thing i could get and they work good for me

hope this helps

sauer

gives me something else to think about.... cheers

shaun

Along with off road x trailing, laugh my socks off, oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whats so funny bout taking the x-trail offroad?

not everyone can afford to run a huge engined "proper" 4x4 alongside a "family" car

also 99% of the ground i have i can get away with using x-trail it does admirably what i require of it...which also includes launch and retrieving a dive rib from shingle beach with no slip way!!!

so my circumstances dictate i dont need a huge 4x4 ...would like one for the ability yes !!! but not viable for me at the moment

so lets see

5 door 4x4 that does what i require of it

does 36-38 mpg way i drive it

fulfills all requirements for me regarding 2 young family

maybe before you jest at others situations look at yer own.

sauer

Along with off road x trailing, laugh my socks off, oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whats so funny bout taking the x-trail offroad?

not everyone can afford to run a huge engined "proper" 4x4 alongside a "family" car

also 99% of the ground i have i can get away with using x-trail it does admirably what i require of it...which also includes launch and retrieving a dive rib from shingle beach with no slip way!!!

so my circumstances dictate i dont need a huge 4x4 ...would like one for the ability yes !!! but not viable for me at the moment

so lets see

5 door 4x4 that does what i require of it

does 36-38 mpg way i drive it

fulfills all requirements for me regarding 2 young family

maybe before you jest at others situations look at yer own.

sauer

just ignore him, he is a friend of mine and is laffing at the fact i got stuck once in my old x trail a couple of years ago and once in this one last week.

the first time was the fault of a bust drainage pipe and NOTHING would have got out despite low ratio or proper off road tyres, the second time last week, a low box and off road tyres would have got me out.

oh and two days before that i was a passenger in a trooper with low box, lockable diffs and off road tyres and that got stuck too......maybe its me...lol :good:

oh and for the record markm has traded his hairdressers beetle for a dance teachers kuga (in black so its never clean)

shaun

Oh and we wont even go to when he filled his wifes brand new toyota DIESEL with petrol!!! :good:

Edited by shaun4860

sauer,

like shaun says he is a good friend of mine and a shooting buddy (even though I am just a friend of his) and if there is quick sand in a field, shaun can find it.

I 2, have a combined off road / family car as shaun says a Kuga, although I know where I can and can't g o.lol

no probs guys :good:

guess doesnt matter what you drive its all down to the driver and his knowledge o 4x4 driving i guess!

altho hopefully once you got bogged in couple o times i hope to start learning ok how to avoid that again hehehehehehe

sauer

no probs guys :good:

guess doesnt matter what you drive its all down to the driver and his knowledge o 4x4 driving i guess!

altho hopefully once you got bogged in couple o times i hope to start learning ok how to avoid that again hehehehehehe

sauer

you never learn you just dont swear as much.... :good:

shaun